Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I actually use the free program (I'm not going to pay for a program that may or may not work on my new 600) and I really like it. I've had several friends on Sprint ask how I get a message to pop up on thier phone w/o them logging on. The only problem is that I have not been able to recieve a shortmail since I installed it! I can get Picturemail fine, and the other people I know with Treo's using the program can send me messages, but not regular shortmail. I get the notification, but I can't EVER open the page to see the message.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I actually use the free program (I'm not going to pay for a program that may or may not work on my new 600) and I really like it. I've had several friends on Sprint ask how I get a message to pop up on thier phone w/o them logging on. The only problem is that I have not been able to recieve a shortmail since I installed it! I can get Picturemail fine, and the other people I know with Treo's using the program can send me messages, but not regular shortmail. I get the notification, but I can't EVER open the page to see the message.
    what free program??
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Are you talking about Text Messenger? If so, that's only used for sending one-way text messages and has nothing to do with Shortmail. That won't allow you to use Shortmail, only Treo300SMS will.
    Treo300SMS seems to work OK except when I activate AfterBurner. Then I cannot authenticate w/ Sprint. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    Originally posted by atsakata
    Treo300SMS seems to work OK except when I activate AfterBurner. Then I cannot authenticate w/ Sprint. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    This has been discussed at length (please do a search). You cannot overclock apps that utilize wireless data access. They will always crash if you do (although there may be some exceptions). Try using an app like FastCPU that lets allows you to selectively overclock certian apps excluding those like Treo300SMS, verichat, avantgo AG conduit, email client, and all your hacks etc. This is how I have my Treo setup and have not had many problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I set Afterburner & FastCPU to speed up only on specific games, but it seems that just having it activated prevents the Treo from connecting w/ the server. Same for QuickBits.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12