1.    #1  
    OK, I have searched highand low in this forum and all over the internet....

I am looking for a headset to use with my Treo300. I have figured out that any headset that is compatible with a Nokia 3300 series will work. However, I want an over the head, with a boom mic, headset. I don't like one of those in the ear things or an ear bud. I have checked many web sites, but none of the suitable headsets seem to be compatible. They all have a 2.5mm jack, but only 3 rings, not 4.

Anyone have any ideas? Or are there any adapters that will allow me to use a standard 3 ring 2.5mm headset with the Treo.

Thanks in advance.
    Carl
    Plantronics sells an over-the-head model that will fit the treo.
    I recently embarked upon the same search, and likewise came up empty-handed. I could have gotten all of that with the Plantronics over-the-head model, but it would have lacked the call answer/disconnect button specific to the Nokias. They just plain don't make one.

I settled for the Plantronics M133-N1. They call it "over the ear," but it's really kinda "on the ear" -- still better than "in the ear," in my books. I needed something that had decent noise cancelling on the mic, because as a convertible owner it's noisy in my car at highway speeds, even with the roof closed. Once I got that headset I signed up for Sprint's voice dialing, and life is good.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by northward
    I recently embarked upon the same search, and likewise came up empty-handed. I could have gotten all of that with the Plantronics over-the-head model, but it would have lacked the call answer/disconnect button specific to the Nokias. They just plain don't make one.

I settled for the Plantronics M133-N1. They call it "over the ear," but it's really kinda "on the ear" -- still better than "in the ear," in my books. I needed something that had decent noise cancelling on the mic, because as a convertible owner it's noisy in my car at highway speeds, even with the roof closed. Once I got that headset I signed up for Sprint's voice dialing, and life is good.
    I can live witout the answer/handup[ button working. I just want an over the head headset that will work with the Treo! Are there adapters to allow you to use a standard 2.5mm plug?
    Carl
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Thanks!
    Carl
    I have that and it works great.

Also, any Plantronics headset that end with N1 will work with the Treo.
    I recently settled on the Nokia HDB-5 headset. It's not over-the-head, but it is very comfortable, has a short boom, doesn't go inside your ear and works on both ears without any adjustments. I really like it. You can see it here.
    I got the Jabra one it works a hole lot better then the Plantronics one. The Plantronics does not answer or hang up a call on the Treo 300. The Jarba will do it.

Frys Electronics sell the Jarba head set and it says on the box it will work with the Treo 300.