1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been addressed - a quick search didn't turn up anything, but I understand that some of the archives have been wiped out.

First question - is there a way to get a warning that your phone battery is low before it just *dies*?!! I'll be talking away, only to have a totally dead phone. It won't even power on until I plug in the charger. There have been times that, had I known my battery was dying, I could have either said bye or plugged in & continued, but I get no warning at all.

Second question - when I'm traveling in a "dead" area, if I don't manually turn off my phone, it continually seeks a signal & the battery dies in a very short length of time. Once it's done this, the only way to recover is a soft (and sometimes hard) boot.

Thanks...

~s~
    1. There's no audible signal for a low battery, which is lame. You have to look at the treo screen. it first says your battery is low..then it says your battery is extremely low..then it dies.

2. get treohelper. It's free. It'll turn off your treo after X minutes if it doesn't find a signal..and it'll try Y times to reconnect after Z minutes..(x,y,z are all set by you). It helps saves batteries.
    Try Battery Prefs. The battery warning levels can be changed to different settings. Its not freeware but a good solution none the less...
  4.    #4  
    to each of you!

~s~
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Try Battery Prefs. The battery warning levels can be changed to different settings. Its not freeware but a good solution none the less...

Does this include an audbile alert?