1.    #1  
    Hi folks:

I like the idea of the keyboard lighting up anytime you press a key on it and found a commercial solution for it:

http://www.motionapps.com/

I just don't think it's worth $6 to have this feature - is there some free alternative to this?

-niyogi
    Originally posted by niyogi
    Hi folks:

I like the idea of the keyboard lighting up anytime you press a key on it and found a commercial solution for it:

I just don't think it's worth $6 to have this feature - is there some free alternative to this?

-niyogi
    double tapping the power button doesdn't work?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hi folks:

-niyogi
    I've been using XLights for a while now, and it's one of the most useful apps I have. It's also about the cheapest - how can you complain about a $6 program that you know you'll use every day?
  4.    #4  
    Because, coming from the open-source world, such a simple add-on just shouldn't cost money.

-niyogi
    Because, coming from the open-source world, such a simple add-on just shouldn't cost money.

-niyogi
    Well...I guess you could program yourself one then.
    Originally posted by Alli

Well...I guess you could program yourself one then.
    Amen
  7.    #7  
    Ah... the true style of non-open-source software users... ignorance at it's best.

I might just have to do that - should I share the code with you?
    I still don't understand why double tapping the power button is so hard?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ah... the true style of non-open-source software users... ignorance at it's best.

I might just have to do that - should I share the code with you?
    Excuse me, you are mistaken. I am a big user of open-source software. Demanding and expecting free software isn't part of the spirit of the open-source community. You said:
    The sense of entitlement in "shouldn't cost money" has nothing ot do with being an open-source advocate. In fact it goes against the spirit of the open source philosophy. That comment is what made me chime in.