1.    #1  
    Sorry for the newbie post, but I searched the archives and did not find a suitable answer.

Is there a way to make the ringer louder, beside the setting which I have set on loud?

I know the limitation is the single speaker in the flip and know it is supposed to be addressed in the Treo600. But, I 'd like my ringer to be louder. Any ideas?
    Carl
    most people have found that it's the ringtones themselves and that some of the 3rd party ones are much better. which is why i started making them...

you can download a trial version of mine either at my web site (www.aaronstein.com) or at handango. They are $6.95 for 50 tones, with 8 or so in the trial version, fully usable as they are.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1

in either case, you will need a ringtone manager such as ringo or tcringer (i use tcringer, it's much more stable than ringo, and available here at treocentral). you can also by the ringtones in singles here at treocentral.

and by the way, the reason you could not find anything by searching the forums is that a whole bunch of the older discussions were apparently lost when their servers went down a few weeks back... too bad, a whole bunch of great info down the electronic tubes...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    most people have found that it's the ringtones themselves and that some of the 3rd party ones are much better. which is why i started making them...

you can download a trial version of mine either at my web site (www.aaronstein.com) or at handango. They are $6.95 for 50 tones, with 8 or so in the trial version, fully usable as they are.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1

in either case, you will need a ringtone manager such as ringo or tcringer (i use tcringer, it's much more stable than ringo, and available here at treocentral). you can also by the ringtones in singles here at treocentral.

and by the way, the reason you could not find anything by searching the forums is that a whole bunch of the older discussions were apparently lost when their servers went down a few weeks back... too bad, a whole bunch of great info down the electronic tubes...
    Thanks for the info. Most of what I found for ringer are songs, I want a simple ringer that is LOUD, and I want it to sound like a phone. I dont need anything fancy or cute. I use my phone for business and dont really want The Dead playing Dark Star on my phone.
    Carl
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

Thanks for the info. Most of what I found for ringer are songs, I want a simple ringer that is LOUD, and I want it to sound like a phone. I dont need anything fancy or cute. I use my phone for business and dont really want The Dead playing Dark Star on my phone.
    yeah, sorry, there have been a couple of requests for those type of tones but i could not find appropriate midi files to make them from. so i gave up since it was taking too much time... besides, i mainly did them for my own enjoyment and i like having different songs for each of my callers.

good luck. if you find them, be sure to post them here because others were interested too.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by aarons12

yeah, sorry, there have been a couple of requests for those type of tones but i could not find appropriate midi files to make them from. so i gave up since it was taking too much time... besides, i mainly did them for my own enjoyment and i like having different songs for each of my callers.

good luck. if you find them, be sure to post them here because others were interested too.
    To be honest, I probably will not spend any time on it. I just got my Treo300, but really only to bridge the gap until the T600 gets here. So, I knew I was buying a device that is a compromise (dont get me wrong, I am impressed with plenty about the Treo). I will live with it for a few months. No biggy.
    Carl
    Have you tried the updater yet. It really makes an improvement in the speaker/ringer/volume. I have not missed a call since updating.
  7.    #7  
    Are you talking about the 1.1 firmware upgrade? I have read some BAD things about that on this forum and thought maybe I should stay away. What is your opinion?
    Carl
    i read that the updater is causing some battery life issues...
  9.    #9  
    I guess that is why I am skeptical to load the update on.
    Carl