Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Greetings, all. I just purchased a Treo 300, and am absolutely thrilled with it. Thanks to this marvel, I no longer need to schlep a laptop with me while on the road (since 90% of my out-of-office tasks are purely e-mail-oriented).

    Now, my question. I've been using EIS for the past couple of days, and am mostly happy with the way it handles mail between the Treo and my Outlook 2000 inbox. One caveat, though: INCOMING mail synchs just fine between the two (i.e., New Mail appears both in my Treo and Outlook Inboxes). What I'd LIKE to do, however, is have all mail that I SEND from the Treo synched to my Outlook "Sent Items" folder, so that I may retain sent items for future reference and file them in the appropriate Outlook folders.

    Any way I can achieve this? Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. #2  
    Hmm I was thinking about this. What if you do a Bcc to your Outlook account, and then have a filter rule that makes messages "from" you go into the Sent Items. I don't know if Eudora has a Bcc which it can apply to all outgoing, or if you'd have to set it each time.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Hmm I was thinking about this. What if you do a Bcc to your Outlook account, and then have a filter rule that makes messages "from" you go into the Sent Items. I don't know if Eudora has a Bcc which it can apply to all outgoing, or if you'd have to set it each time.
    Eudora can do this. That's how I have it set up, automatically sends all sent mail to my address the a rule sends it to sent items. Only problem is that the next time I check my e-mail from my Treo I get my own e-mail. I could probably set up a filter for that on Eudora, but I've been too lazy to try yet.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Only problem is that the next time I check my e-mail from my Treo I get my own e-mail. I could probably set up a filter for that on Eudora, but I've been too lazy to try yet.
    In my system my treo has its own mailbox on my PC. I use rules to copy my regular mails into the treo mailbox since I like to strip MIME things, convert html to plaintext, and incidentally change the embedded TreoCentral URLs into the mobile site and fixup the visorcentral references..

    sed 's/\/discussion\.visorcentral\.com\/vcforum/\/mobilediscussion\.treocentral\.com\/tcforum/g'
    sed 's/\/discussion\.treocentral\.com\/tcforum/\/mobilediscussion\.treocentral\.com\/tcforum/g'

    What I mean to say is that I prevent the redundant Bcc from moving into my treo's mailbox via a rule.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Hmm I was thinking about this. What if you do a Bcc to your Outlook account, and then have a filter rule that makes messages "from" you go into the Sent Items. I don't know if Eudora has a Bcc which it can apply to all outgoing, or if you'd have to set it each time.
    Thanks for all your answers, everyone. This solution might work best for me, but I can't seem to find a way to have EIS automatically BCC myself on all outgoing e-mails. Entering this each time would be a drag....any way to get Eudora to automatically BCC myself on all e-mails to which I respond?
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by treofreako


    Thanks for all your answers, everyone. This solution might work best for me, but I can't seem to find a way to have EIS automatically BCC myself on all outgoing e-mails. Entering this each time would be a drag....any way to get Eudora to automatically BCC myself on all e-mails to which I respond?
    In Eudora, click on the top of the screen to get the menus, under Options, select Accounts. You should see your account, click on it. Once you're in the setup screen, click on the Send tab. Where you see Auto Bcc address, just enter your e-mail address. Once you do that, every e-mail you send will be sent back to you as well. Eudora won't show your address in the to field, but it will send to you nonetheless. Since that means every e-mail I send from my Treo will come back to me on my Treo as well, I set up a filter not to retrieve e-mails from myself. As far as Outlook goes, i set up a rule that all e-mails from myself be sent to the Sent Items folder. That should do the trick.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by treofreako
    any way to get Eudora to automatically BCC myself on all e-mails to which I respond?
    Menu->Options->Accounts and then on the Send tab there is a field for Auto Bcc.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by potatoho

    Menu->Options->Accounts and then on the Send tab there is a field for Auto Bcc.
    Oh gee, thanks for taking my long and drawn out explanation and making short and to the point.
  9. #9  
    Ok, all this talk has got me thinking...how do I even sync my IN box? Am I supposed to be able to have what I see on my desktop eudora match what I see on my treo eudora, vice versa?

    Right now, I'm spending a bunch of time deleting certain messages from the server when checking mail through the desktop or treo so I don't have to re-delete the mail when checking through the other...if that makes sense.

    Help?
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81


    In Eudora, click on the top of the screen to get the menus, under Options, select Accounts. You should see your account, click on it. Once you're in the setup screen, click on the Send tab. Where you see Auto Bcc address, just enter your e-mail address. Once you do that, every e-mail you send will be sent back to you as well. Eudora won't show your address in the to field, but it will send to you nonetheless. Since that means every e-mail I send from my Treo will come back to me on my Treo as well, I set up a filter not to retrieve e-mails from myself. As far as Outlook goes, i set up a rule that all e-mails from myself be sent to the Sent Items folder. That should do the trick.
    Okay, folks....almost there....the newbie needs ONE more tip. Got the BCC command in Eudora to work great, and got the Rule set up in Outlook to send all from myself to "Sent Items." The one thing I can't get to work in Eudora is the filter to ignore messages from myself when downloading to the Treo. Can u help me out with this?

    Thanks in advance!
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by treofreako


    Okay, folks....almost there....the newbie needs ONE more tip. Got the BCC command in Eudora to work great, and got the Rule set up in Outlook to send all from myself to "Sent Items." The one thing I can't get to work in Eudora is the filter to ignore messages from myself when downloading to the Treo. Can u help me out with this?

    Thanks in advance!
    In the menus, under "Options", go to "Filters", then click new. At the top the first variable should say "Recipients" by default, click on that and select "Sender." Then next to that where it says "Contains," change that to "Is." Right under that, type in your e-mail address. Under that, "ignore" should be selected. Then where it says "None" for the first time, click on that and select "Don't Retrieve." Click OK then Done, and you're all set up. Eudora will ignore all messages it finds from you and won't retrieve them. Of course if you e-mail yourself something from home you would have to temporarily disable the filter to download it, but by default, no more downloading your own e-mails.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81


    In the menus, under "Options", go to "Filters", then click new. At the top the first variable should say "Recipients" by default, click on that and select "Sender." Then next to that where it says "Contains," change that to "Is." Right under that, type in your e-mail address. Under that, "ignore" should be selected. Then where it says "None" for the first time, click on that and select "Don't Retrieve." Click OK then Done, and you're all set up. Eudora will ignore all messages it finds from you and won't retrieve them. Of course if you e-mail yourself something from home you would have to temporarily disable the filter to download it, but by default, no more downloading your own e-mails.
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. Strangely enough, though, the Treo ignores the filter and downloads messages from myself. Any ideas why the filter might not be working right?!?
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by treofreako


    Thanks for the detailed instructions. Strangely enough, though, the Treo ignores the filter and downloads messages from myself. Any ideas why the filter might not be working right?!?
    You're welcome. Hmm, did you enter your name or your e-mail address. I used my e-mail address, changed "contains" to "is," set it for "don't retrieve" and it worked for me. I'd double check your filter settings.

Posting Permissions