1.    #1  
    I have been trying to get WirelessModem to work on my Mac for three days now, to no avail. I was wondering if anyone else had it on their system and what thier Network configuation was?

Some of the problems I am experiancing:

1) Almost eveytime I enable wireless modem, it pops op a "disconnecting" message, and removes the GPRS connection.

2) Mac OS X keeps saying that there is no dialtone when it tries to connect.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am having similar issues, I can dial up with MSN, but I don't know how to use my GPRS with Tmobile, anyone got any suggestions

thanks
    If you are using the WirelessModem software to connect to the internet via GPRS, you cannot.

That is because the WirelessModem was designed to work for a dial up function, which means, it will use your Treo as an external modem and use it a regular dial up modem.

At this time the WirelessModem software does not provide a way of detecting that your Treo is connected to the internet via GPRS. All instructions are for WirelessModem dial up.

I have just successfully connected my Treo 180 to the Internet via the Wireless Modem. My PC is a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop with IR and the O/S is Windows 2000. I will type up the step by step instructions next time on this as my Treo battery went out. I need to make sure I can replicate the steps I took.

There are instructions on the WirelessModem Site how to set up for Mac.

Thanks,

Ronnie
    NOT TRUE!! You can use Scott Gruby's WIrelessModem with GPRS just fine. You might need a particular modem script, which you can generate with Massimo's GPRS Script Generator found at:

http://www.macronsoft.com/

Read all of the posts on the WirelessModem forum (see:

www.notifymail.com

and look for the info).
    Originally posted by jposin
    NOT TRUE!! You can use Scott Gruby's WIrelessModem with GPRS just fine. You might need a particular modem script, which you can generate with Massimo's GPRS Script Generator found at:

http://www.macronsoft.com/

Read all of the posts on the WirelessModem forum (see:

www.notifymail.com

and look for the info).
    I guess jposin is right. Massimo is a Mac app. You can certainly try it and post your success on this site.

Unfortunately, I am a PC user, unless Massimo has a PC version I could not say whether it works or not.
    WirelessModem absolutely works with GPRS. This is what I said in another thread, if it helps :
    just got it to work with GSG and Wireless modem. The finial stop gap with mine was that I had to enter my T-Mobile online user name and password in the PPP field of the connection. Nowhere else does anybody else mention that.

So as my contribution: Setting up GPRS on Mac OS X:

Use GSG. put "internet2.voicestream.com" or "internet3.voicestream.com" as the API or whatever that thing is called. Save the script as is.

After installing WirelessModem, in the "Handspring Treo" 'Port' in the Network control panel, select this new script you saved (instead of Scotts) and put your T-Mobile website Login in the login and password fields. Use the Modem menu extra to connect, and it all should work.

At least, it did for me.
    -- Go Illini!
    Hi,
    WModem does work with GPRS.
    I am using it on a "vintage" notebook with W95 through IR.

However, I think WModem does not realise it is using GPRS. If the connection between Treo and PC is broken (not properly disconnected), the GPRS (of corse) stays connected and when you try the dial-up again, you get a "busy" signal. You need to disconnect from GPRS, but WModem does not support that either - you ned to do it from another application or restart the radio, then "dial up" the GPRS "number" again.