Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Okay,
    Today I received the 300, (what a dif from the 6035) tried to activate on website of Sprint and they wanted me to take a new plan. I liked my plan, enough for me at 29.99 for 300 and unlimited starting at 9 pm. While on the phone with the rep, he offered $30 for 300 AT and unlimited starting at 8 pm. I couldn't believe it, haven't had 8 pm in a few! Jumped at it.
    Anyway, I love, love, love the Treo300, after b&w for over 2 years, this thing is incredible. Bought the ring tone manage from TC, and can't wait for the darn thing to ring!!!
    I'm sooooooooooooooo happy
    Steve M
    Catman51
    Happy with my T300
    Waiting for my T600
    Welcome to the Treo crowd Catman! Stick around and read up ... you will learn more in this forum than anyplace else that I know of.

Originally posted by Catman51
    Bought the ring tone manage from TC, and can't wait for the darn thing to ring!!!
    I'm sooooooooooooooo happy
    Why don't you post your number here and you can hear it ring a few thousand times!! Would you still be soooo happy? ha ha
    Ok, the important question here is what did you have to do to that rep to get him to make your anytime minutes start at 8? I lost my 8pm plan when I bought my treo. I would love to have my night time minutes start at 8.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Nothing, they offered it, I guess cause I've been with Sprint for 3 years!
    Steve M
    Steve M
    Catman51
    Happy with my T300
    Waiting for my T600
    I've been with sprint for over 4 years, I'm going to have to give them a call. I've been holding out for the i500, or the treo 600 before I call customer retention though. I want a credit for a new phone out of the deal too.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Here's something even better. I never thought I would get a rebate on the phone because I had no plans of switching to Vision. But then I thought, they offered me the 8 pm for a penny more a month and that was a plan switch. So, I called today, and just asked if I qualified for a rebate, the lady said sure and she would credit my bill $100.
    How happy am I now
    Steve M
    Catman51
    Happy with my T300
    Waiting for my T600
    Originally posted by Catman51
    Nothing, they offered it, I guess cause I've been with Sprint for 3 years!
    Steve M
    There's a thread at HoFo's about the 8pm NW time and I'll chime in here what added there...I called CS and asked them about this and they said 8pm NW was only available to certain customers who qualify and that a option appears on their computers automaticaly telling them if it is possible. I asked them what were the necessary qualifications and the rep told me she had no idea and didn't seem really interested in finding out for me either! Anyway, she did say (after a bit of coaxing) it probaby hasn't anything to do with your credit history and is dependent on something else. For the record I have excellent credit, always make my payments on time via autopay and credit my score is 722 to top it off!! Also, I'm on the $85 2000 minutes, pcs-to-pcs included plan with the following additional options: $10 NW, $20 for 3rd phone addon, and $5 voice command. Thus, I pay ~ $135-140/month to sprint. I 've been on this plan for almost 2 years now and with Sprint 3+ yrs...I can't understand why I don ont qualify!! Little things like this (plus rude CS) make me even happier about number portability.
    Here's a guess on why people get offered 8pm. Under certain conditions, the system decides that it wants to offer the user an upgrade. Their system works on a simple formula: if there is a more expensive plan that is say, a max of $10 or $20 more than what the current user has, offer them the upgrade with the 8pm nights as an incentive to make them upgrade.

Catman started with a $29.99/mo plan and ended up paying $30/mo!! Understanding how computers work, this is not far fetched as the reason he was offered an incentive to upgrade. Someone forgot to program in a condition for a reasonable minimum increase before offering the incentive