Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I currently have a 1st gen Visor and a Samsung phone and have completed my contract w/ Sprint.

I have a chance to buy the 300 now for $200 w/o rebate or activation. My main concerns w/ the 300 have been learned here on this board - the flip cover breaking, battery life and SMS problems. However, I would have a smartphone for the next 4-6 months, while I wait to see how real users rate the 600 as well as what upgrade incentives HS(Palm)/Sprint come up with.

What would you do?
    Buy it more likely than not it will be worth at least $100 on trade up in which case you only pay $100 for the months you have it. Seems good to me
    Agreed. Buy the 300. Not only may you have an upgrade offer, but you will be better suited to ride out the initial release phase with its bugs and high prices.
    Go for it, just ask all the guys that decided to skip the treo/i330 in order to get the i500!

BTW- Where are you going to get one for $200???

-rob
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    special deal from handspring, same place I got mine. It's also elligible for $100 rebate, if new activation.
    who qualifies for the "special deal"?

-rob
    I am interested in the 300 and already have Sprint service -- how does one get the special deal that you are referring to from Handspring?
    www.handspring.com/love

If you are in need of a code, PM me and I'll send you the code.
    Originally posted by demoflauchy
    www.handspring.com/love
    Hold on, I went through that love thing and it claimed a discount w/o activation. But when I didn't choose the activation part in the wizard it raised the base price to $600 making the discount meaningless. So you're saying you've bought one through that site, without activation?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    you obviously wanted a gsm model.

Notice the section, it's for a Treo 300

A Treo 300 will only work on the spring network, therefore sprint will basically subsidize any purchase. AT&T and T-Mobile will only subsadize purchases that include a contract with them, as otherwise one could use the phone anywhere.
    Originally posted by thetoad
    you obviously wanted a gsm model.

Notice the section, it's for a Treo 300
    Ahh ok, you are correct. Dangit! BTW I was incorrect above.. for the GSM they actually move the base price to $699! Then subtract the $200 discount.
    So, the $200 that was talked about at the beginning of this thread with no rebate/no activitation is not true?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    demoflauchy,

I send you a PM about getting the code.

Thanks is advance
    I'm interested in the deal. How can I get the code?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I finally decided to order one. I'll go for the 2 year so the cost is only $100. Maybe I will even get lucky and they will offer $100 off the new Treo 600 when it comes out. That to me makes it a pretty good deal. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions when I get it even though I have been snooping this board for quite some time. Buh bye AT&T.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    F&F offer expires Thursday 7/24

Ordered the 300 yesterday. Free shipping and car adapter $200 + tax in CA. I'll be using it with my current plan

There's also a $100 mail in rebate available w/ new activation
    Does anyone know the coupon code?