1.    #1  
    Hello All,

Today I noticed something interesting on my Treo 300.

A tiny bit of background first. I switched to Sprint from Cingular. I was reluctant to make the move because I have heard some not so great things about Sprints coverage in my area. I have never had any problems at all with Cingulars coverage and also had a great plan. However, I really really wanted a Treo and finally decided to make the move.

Ok, now to my discovery. Today I had three calls dropped in a row. At this point I was very frustrated and looked at my phone to see what my signal strength was (it was of course all over the board as usual). While looking at the signal meter I realized that I was connected to Vision with gray arrows (I usually disconnect when not needed to avoid possible turbo-drain). At that point I disconnected from Vision and made a call to the last person I was dropped from. From that point on I had no problem with getting dropped. I had not moved from the location from which I had previously had 3 calls dropped and this last call seemed to be much better.

Does being connected to the Vision network affect the signal from sprint on the phone side of things?

Any comments appreciated.

Regards,
    Aaron J. Wood
    I would be amazed if what you witnessed is anything more than coincidence.

Woohoo. 2100 posts.
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 07/14/2003 at 06:34 PM.
    I would be amazed if what you witnessed is anything more than coincidence.

Same, pure coincidence.

-rob