1.    #1  
    I thought for sure this must have come up before, but didn't find it in a search.

Has anyone managed to activate a Treo 300 on Verizon?

What I really want to know is whether I'll be able to use a Treo 600 on Verizon. I'm wedded to the carrier, and use a Kyocera 7135 right now, but the 600 looks really terrific.

I say this having committed the apostasy, I confess, to preferring the Kyocera to the current Treos. My review was in URL=http://www.computingunplugged.com/issues/issue200305/00001031001.html]Computing Unplugged[/URL]

Bart
    Here on the east coast, Verizon uses 800 MHz for both CDMA and AMPS. Since the Treo uses 1900 MHz, you would always be roaming on Sprint here, if you could get it to work at all.

I don't know if any of Verizon uses 1900 MHz. If so, I suppose it's possible, but probably difficult.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by gellmanb
    I thought for sure this must have come up before, but didn't find it in a search.

Has anyone managed to activate a Treo 300 on Verizon?

What I really want to know is whether I'll be able to use a Treo 600 on Verizon. I'm wedded to the carrier, and use a Kyocera 7135 right now, but the 600 looks really terrific.

I say this having committed the apostasy, I confess, to preferring the Kyocera to the current Treos. My review was in URL=http://www.computingunplugged.com/issues/issue200305/00001031001.html]Computing Unplugged[/URL]

Bart
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    Here on the east coast, Verizon uses 800 MHz for both CDMA and AMPS. Since the Treo uses 1900 MHz, you would always be roaming on Sprint here, if you could get it to work at all.

I don't know if any of Verizon uses 1900 MHz. If so, I suppose it's possible, but probably difficult.

Geoffrey

I haven't heard of anyone using it on Verizon either. Verizon does use 1900 in FL and parts of TX. I think there is one more small place but I can't remember where.

When the Treo 600 comes out and IF you can get Verizon to somehow activate it, you most likely won't have any data. Verizon and Sprint are very different in how data is setup in the devices. I've heard many talk about getting a Sprint device to work on Verizon but no one has gotten Express Network to work. The only data they get to work is CS @ 14.4kbps with a per minute charge.

Bart [/B][/QUOTE]

firstly nice article.
    secondly, what happen? relating to the harware? you have something you like, the 7135, the 600 is still an unknown entitiy? is it merely the form factor? smaller, narrower body? the sexy stuff.
    Ben
    According to this thread, Verizon will be offerring the Treo 600 October of this year.., Also here is the link directly to PDABuzz I posted before regarding this info:

http://forums.pdabuzz.net/showthread...threadid=47392

Also, Verizon primarily uses cdma 800 MHz for most of its network. Thus the monoband cdam 1900 MHz Treo 300 is not compatible with most of Verizon's network. Furthermore, even if you did get it to work somehow, Sprint had an exclusive aggreement with Handspring for the Treo300 and I doubt you would get much support from either company as a result...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    > ...According to this thread, Verizon will be offerring the Treo 600
    > October of this year...

According directly to Handspring, who should know, the TREO 600 will be introduced in "late fall".

Last time I checked the entire month of October qualifies as "early fall".

Now if the TREO 600 is going to be introduced in "late fall" to Sprint and Orange with Sprint FIRST, then what is the liklihood that Verizon will have the TREO 600 by early fall?

Or is Handspring simply irresponsible to their shareholders in updating their website with critical information about the SOLE device in their product line?