Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    There s a service called FastChat the allows PTT feature globally via GPRS. I have heard that thiis service can be used on T-Mobile usiing a compatiable phone and that based on demand the application can be ported to other devices.

It sure would be an ideal app/service for the new Treo! (maybe even the current ones)
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Sorry, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $fastchat$ $works$ $only$ $with$ $Symbian$ $OS$ $mobiles$...

Edit: Below is a list of the mobiles supported by fastchat:

What mobile phones do you currently support?

fastchat™ is developed for mobile phones with a Symbian™ operating system:

Available Now
    Nokia 7650
    Nokia 3650
    Sony Ericsson P800

Coming Soon
    Nokia N-Gage
    Siemens SX-1
    Motorola A920
    Samsung SGH-D700
    Mitsubishi Concept
    BenQ P3
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/12/2003 at 06:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $fastchat$ $works$ $only$ $with$ $Symbian$ $OS$ $mobiles$...

Edit: Below is a list of the mobiles supported by fastchat:

I saw that, but considering the specs of the new Treo it may be a possiblity that this service or a service like it may want to consider developing. In any case, I have e-mailed FastChat to just inquire if they have considered the Treo.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Originally posted by JHETZEL

It sure would be an ideal app/service for the new Treo! (maybe even the current ones)
    Impossible for the current ones. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Although it was a generic response, FastChat did not rule out support for Treo. See there response below:

Dear Jim
    Thank you for your email. Our development team are currently working on a solution for hand held devices, which will be available in the near future. There is no fixed launch date as yet but keep checking our website for updates: www.fastchat.com.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Georgia Linton
    Fastchat Customer Support

It cannot work on the current Treo (the voice part) because there is no way for the Palm OS to "listen" to anything coming from the microphone. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I absolutely agree. I am just looking to future possibilities.