1.    #1  
    Has anyone purchased the $69.99 treo 270 on Amazon.com lately??

Are they in stock... are they refurb?? Please tell my anything you know.

Thanks.

Even more importantly... has anyone gotten the two mail in rebates??
    Last edited by dannoz; 07/10/2003 at 06:04 PM.
    Originally posted by dannoz
    Has anyone purchased the $69.99 treo 270 on Amazon.com lately??

Are they in stock... are they refurb?? Please tell my anything you know.

Thanks.

Even more importantly... has anyone gotten the two mail in rebates??
    I placed an order for one on the 8th. The web site says "usually ships in 24 hours". However, when I placed the order I was told it would be shipped on the 18! I exchanged a couple of useless emailes with customer services asking about the discrepency in advertized and actual shipping times.

I they should be new, as the discount is given as rebates.

I don't think anyone would have gotten the rebates yet since both are very recent offers.
    Well, what do you know?! I received an email 6 hours ago saying that my order has shipped! So it was shipped on the second day after I ordered. The email was filtered into another folder so I didn't read it immediately.
    Last edited by silverado; 07/10/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have two more questions:

1) can you get the unlimited data option for $19.99. The website for T-Mobile only shows a 29.99 plan?

2) I understand these are backordered. The Handspring part of the rebate($100) clearly indicates you must purchase and activate by 7-31-03. You can't activate without having the phone. Could that be a problem.

Thanks!
    I got mine and it was SWEET

Brand new and fresh out of the box. Now I just have to send in the rebate forms.

-niyogi
  6.    #6  
    During a conversation with T-mobile today I found out that to qualify as a new customer - and thus be eligible for the rebates - one has to wait 90 days from the time you close your account to the time you start a new account.
    I spoke with T-Mobile about this, and there's actually a way around it. If you've already fulfilled your contract with them, you can establish a SECOND account (with a new contract commitment), and then after that is set up, cancel the first one.

The goofy thing (as the rep admitted) was that you had to do this is that order; if you quit your first account and then tried to set up a new account, you wouldn't be eligible for the new phone contract price.

Go figure.

This does, unfortunately, mean that:
    - You have to forfeit your old cell number.
    - You lose any special 'grandfathered' plan you might have been on (for me, it's the 1000 anytime + unlimited weekends for $40/month <sigh>)