1.    #1  
    Okay, I've got a weird one for you guys:

I am having this really strange problem where, when I go to Blazer, the color scheme is pea green and a pukish yellow. The background, the controls, the menus--everything. Here's what led up to it:

I had both Colorize and Khroma (both really cool freeware for customizing color scheme on palmOS devices--I have a treo300) installed, and I was messing with the color settings. I don't remember the exact order of actions I took before the problem arose, but here's what I did: played around with color settings in Colorize, switched to Khroma and played around with color settings, edited and saved some as custom in memo book. Then, I happened upon the green scheme in Blazer, and went back to change it (both in Colorize and Khroma), but cannot do so. I tried setting colors to original settings (in both programs), and it worked for everything, except Blazer (and the contrast/brightness adjustment screen). I tried a soft reset--nothing. I tried deleting both programs and associated databases--nothing. Tried reinstalling color programs--nothing. I can still set new color schemes using these programs, and they work fine for everything else, but Blazer and the contrast screen ALWAYS come up green.

I know I should have been more careful playing around with both of those programs at the same time, but now I am stumped. Am I stuck with the most terrible colors possible while using Blazer? Maybe a hard reset is in order. Or maybe there is some hidden file that keeps that green scheme setting alive.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried a soft reset, possibly while holding the up button?
  3.    #3  
    Just tried it. Blazer's till green! It's actually kind of funny.

btw: what is the difference between a soft reset, and a soft reset while holding the up button down?
    Originally posted by Baby
    btw: what is the difference between a soft reset, and a soft reset while holding the up button down?
    Holding the UP button during a reset is known as a "warm reset" (the Palm OS equivalent of "Safe Mode"). No system extensions and/or hacks are loaded.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    One thing you could try would be to delete the system prefs (is this where the color info is stored?) and let the palm rebuild them. I am not entirely sure this is safe, though, so please allow someone else to confirm this might work.
  6.    #6  
    Hi KRamsaur,

Believe it or not, I actually just did exactly that--delete the saved preferences, which did the trick. I figured I would just reinstall the file on a hotsync if it didn't work, or if it messed something up. Unfortunately, what I didn't realize was that in the saved prefs. were lots of other things that are needed to do a simple hotsync. What happened when I hotsynced was the computer needed to be told the username, and then commenced to reinstall every program I have--and I have a lot--so it's taking forever... But, no big deal, as long as I don't have to look at that horrible green anymore. I bet I could have just deleted the saved preference specific to Blazer using the program "Preference Editor", or "Leftovers" (both really cool programs). I didn't really know enough at the time to do this, but I'm learning as I go.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
  7.    #7  
    Just realized I spelled your name wrong--sorry about that.