Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Will the Treo 600 be capable of streaming radio, with a T/W and T/C I cannot stream. Any ways to do this.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $currently$ $no$ $PalmOS$ $apps$ $capable$ $of$ $streaming$. $However$, $this$ $will$ $soon$ $change$ $with$ $the$ $final$ $release$ $of$ mmplayer which will eventually support this. Hopefully, there are other apps in the works as well...
  3. PHO
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $currently$ $no$ $PalmOS$ $apps$ $capable$ $of$ $streaming$. $However$, $this$ $will$ $soon$ $change$ $with$ $the$ $final$ $release$ $of$ mmplayer which will eventually support this. Hopefully, there are other apps in the works as well...
    I had this whole long post about this. then my computer crashed. i was going t osay that it looks like the people at mmplayer are working on streaming.

have you tried real player? it says it supports streaming until you get to the page for palm os5 (as opposed to PPC) then it doesn't say it, but i don't know if it just works (because i don't have a unit to test it)

you can stream from a PPC, i asked someone to test it and they got it work successfully, there is apost on it at www.smartphoneforums.com in the i700 section.

I asked this same question a few days ago and this is the first time i have seen an answer.

Unfortunatly id ont' have any better information, but i occassionally keep looking around for it when i have time.

I suspect that with the Treo on sprint, that will be the first time there is a palm os5 device on a data network that is worth a damn for streaming speed. So the programmers will likley start coming out with it.

I'm counting on something coming out, because that would by my killer app.
    Hmm, Possible Treo Convert?
    gfunkmagic

The MMPlayer looks so cool! It appears to be a one stop solution for all Multi Media on the Palm!

I just want to make sure I understand: It allows you to play MP3s and WMAs which is great because a third of my music is in WMA. And it lets you play Mpeg2 video.

gfunkmagic, I know how to rip MP3s and WMAs but is it difficult to make Mpeg2 movies?

Have you acturally used MMPlayer? What else do you like or know about MMPlayer that you can share with us?

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Originally posted by JakeE
    gfunkmagic

The MMPlayer looks so cool! It appears to be a one stop solution for all Multi Media on the Palm!

I just want to make sure I understand: It allows you to play MP3s and WMAs which is great because a third of my music is in WMA. And it lets you play Mpeg2 video.

gfunkmagic, I know how to rip MP3s and WMAs but is it difficult to make Mpeg2 movies?

Have you acturally used MMPlayer? What else do you like or know about MMPlayer that you can share with us?

Jake
    To convert MPEG, you need a DVD ripper of which there are numerous. This is usually a heavy cpu intensive task which takes a long time. There are various formats you can convert to like Mpeg, DivX, VCD etc...MMPlayer will supposedly support most of these.

As to your second question: No I've not used MMPlayer myslef b/c it ony works on OS 5.x ARM based devices, and I don't currently own one. However, I've been following the progress of beta testers on the mmplayer forums etc to keep abreast of its development...
    gfunkmagic

So what if you want to use your computer as a DVR and convert tv shows you recorded so you could watch them on you Treo 600?

I imagine you would have to downconvert the video to 160 lines from 350?

Do you know how you would achieve this? And would it be difficult? What would be the best format?

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    PC PVR

It does mpg2 and wmv. it has a built in recompression program that will recompress to pocket pc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. purpleX
    Originally posted by veroi
    Will the Treo 600 be capable of streaming radio, with a T/W and T/C I cannot stream. Any ways to do this.
    there are no multimedia player capable of streaming for Palm.
  9. PHO
    gfunkmagic

So what if you want to use your computer as a DVR and convert tv shows you recorded so you could watch them on you Treo 600?

I imagine you would have to downconvert the video to 160 lines from 350?

Do you know how you would achieve this? And would it be difficult? What would be the best format?

Jake
    Kinoma Player/ Producer allows you to encode video and it plays on previous versions of palm. I have little videos ripped to my i330.

Jake
    I am using mmplayer 0.1.6.b beta on my Zire 71. Works fine playing a T3 trailer in .avi format here http://www.mmplayer.com/T3_160x120.avi
  11. PHO
    Originally posted by MikePA

I am using mmplayer 0.1.6.b beta on my Zire 71. Works fine playing a T3 trailer in .avi format here http://www.mmplayer.com/T3_160x120.avi
    streamed or downloaded?
    Originally posted by PHO

streamed or downloaded?
    downloaded.