Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone wrote such an application, which would allow easier copy of SIM contacts, and backup to/from the PC?
    (copy from one SIM to temp location, then write to another SIM)

+ copy of all missing records from the SIM to the contacts DB.

+ option to transfer Treo's call & SMS history to the SIM (or backup).
    is there any third-party sim card manager that i can use to:
    - edit contacts on sim card (not just add and delete)
    - export phone numbers from the treo contacts application to the sim card
    - export sms from the treo sms application to the sim card
    - and, possibly, sync or export sms (from wherever they are in the treo) to desktop???

a search on this thread didn't bring up any solution, nor did a search in palmgear.com, and still i can't believe it, since the treos, even the last t600, are so poor in terms of sim card management... i must have used wrong keywords.

anybody can help me?

and by the way, which is the most complete collection/list/directory of palm software?

thank you very much!
    The old Treo 180/270/300 SIM Manager has that functionality which is not on the Treo 600 , but you do need to add your contacts via the favourites screen first before importing/exporting to SIM card.

Doesn't work if you try to transfer the old SIM manager to the 600 either.

So before you sell your old Treo, use it to manage your SIM card contacts, or borrow one off a friend.

I think Maxtext.net does your desktop SMS import/export.
    Does anyone here know of a way or a utility to copy phonebook entries from Contacts to SIM card?

Much obliged.
    Was easy on my 270. Have not figured out how to do it on a 600.
    I wish someone would create a utility that allows you to transfer multiple contacts between the device and SIM, and vice versa.
    My cheap-assed nokia phone did this beautifully. It would allow you to copy contacts from SIM to phone, phone to SIM, or keep both. The PC sync software and cable even allowed you to manage each.
    I don't understand why my expensive-assed Treo 600 doesn't have this app built in.
    If I ever get my development environment set up, it's the first app that I'll take a crack at making. But don't hold you breath.
    it seems like such a simple thing to do but I guess just the three of us have any interest in such a utility. i can't even add entries to my SIM manually. is there just a general SIM management utility where you can browse or edit entries?
    Make that 4 of us-
    Is it possible to copy complete phonebook to SIM card? Any insight on how that can be done would be appreciated.
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepeci
    Is it possible to copy complete phonebook to SIM card? Any insight on how that can be done would be appreciated.
    Your SIM card has limited amount of memory. It cannot accomodate large volumes of numbers from your SIM card. SIM card memory are in 4K-16K-32K-64K sizes. I know some companies are adding more capacity.

Anyway, Pa1m does not have any way to do the import for T600. If you still have a 180/270/300, those would let you import to the SIM and back.

Could be opportunity for a developer but it may not be enought, if only 7 users are interested?
    when I need to perform this function I take my SIM out and place it in my trusty Motorola v60, transfer contacts to SIM (including phone number with extra digits) and then replace into Treo600. Actually, I couldn't figure out how to add extra digits to phone number on the Treo600. Any ideas?
    I am pretty sure there more than 7 users interested init.< Simply they couldn't find this page before. Please DO something.
    i would love this feature so whats that 8 people now
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Yes I agree a sophisticated SIM management utility would be great. Even in the 270 this was a pain, and with the T it has become impossible to do anything. The features I would look for is:
    • transfer ability - Contacts > SIM > Contacts
    • Modification (delete/add)
    • Memory status - how much more space is left on the SIM card

I'm tired of having to use other peoples phones (dead battery due to forgetting the charger somewhere) only to find out that the numbers on my SIM card are from 6 months ago and that I'm missing vital numbers.

I've searched on google and found a gsm SIM card write/reader for around $20-$30, which could be a work-around for those who want that option.
    Best regards,
    Efe Cem ELCI
    I want to transfer some phone numbers from contacts onto my phone's SIM card. Is this possible?

The SIM Book application just lets you input them manually.

Does anyone know a smart solution?

Thanks
    I would like something similar. Is there a way to delete all the phone records currently on my SIM and write a whole category to the SIM with a single command?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    I want to transfer some phone numbers from contacts onto my phone's SIM card. Is this possible?

The SIM Book application just lets you input them manually.

Does anyone know a smart solution?

Thanks
    Go to contacts, highlight the record you want to export to your SIM card, choose the Record menu, and select "Export to SIM".

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I would like something similar. Is there a way to delete all the phone records currently on my SIM and write a whole category to the SIM with a single command?
    I dont think you can do a whole category. You would have to do one by one. What exactly is the purpose of exporting all your contacts to your SIM? I would assume you would then take the SIM and move it to another phone, but most newer phones have sync capability with a PC, and the SIM book is very rudimentary at best.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    This is so frustrating, i cant believe there is no ap to import export contacts to sim, the sim card can hold 250 names and phone numbers, i don't have more then 180 on my phone, i cant believe this is such a small deal to program compared to other stuff and the fact that the treo 650 does not have this feature, my old Motorola $75 was able to do it, why cant my $600 treo cant is beyond me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast