Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by slffl

When will these greedy POS providers ever learn?
    When people vote with the feet and not simply with offensive posts to bulletin boards. Calm down.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    When people vote with the feet and not simply with offensive posts to bulletin boards. Calm down.
    My post offended you?
    I have no doubt that this will change with time. Look at what happened with T-Mobile. For a while they were the bad guys for not having unlimited plans. Now some people are starting to praise them and curse Sprint. Of course Sprint's service is much faster, so they still have their advantages if you need the speed.

I am happy with T-Mobile, though they're a bit slow.
    Originally posted by slffl

My post offended you?
    Just because you use a contraction doesn't mean the words aren't meant. Of course you could have meant Palm Operating System, but I doubt it.
    Well guys, I work for Radioshack and it's Monday July 14th. I don't know when the 30$ rate hike should have started but I just sold my last Toshiba 2032 (they're disco'd here in Radioshack Land) twenty minutes ago and they DID NOT charge my customer that. I had read this thread over the weekend and I knew that my customer was coming in this morning to get the phone, so I figured I'd answer the question. Not only did they not charge it, but the Service rep said they had no plans for anything like that that he knew of. Now normally I would take any CSR at Sprint with a grain of salt, but this customer worked for BlueCross/BlueShield and so he got a discount with Sprint. That means I was talking to buisiness services and I've found they are much more informed and actually seem to care about knowing their stuff. Almost like it's a career for them and not just something they do to torture people, but I digress. The bottom line is that from everything I can tell there is no 30$ charge for PPC and (hopefully) therefore, there won't be one for the 600. It could be that in a fit of rare good sense someone at Sprint ixnayed it AFTER the brochure went to print. Can't tell you how many times that's happened to me. The only thing that made me doubt it was gonna happen was the memo at the PCS store thing. A very good friend of mine runs our PCS store here and the only desk with memo's on it is locked in his office. I've never seen a memo just laying out at a service desk. Anyway, stranger things have happened. As of right now there is no charge.
    At sometime in the past week, the price for Sprint PCS Vision for laptops (via a PCS Connection Card) increased from $80/month for unlimited access to the following:

$60/month for 40MB
    $80/month for 70MB
    $100/month for 300 MB

This is according to the price plans listed at http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/se...ansOptions.jsp

The new listing does not provide a price for unlimited data, so it apparently is no longer available.

Interestingly, Verizon is still offering unlimited data for its laptop service for $79.99/month, according to http://www.verizonwireless.com/expre...ork/index.html

Does anybody know how the Sprint service compares to the Verizon service?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Just because you use a contraction doesn't mean the words aren't meant. Of course you could have meant Palm Operating System, but I doubt it.
    Don't you mean acronym?

A contraction is what a woman has when she is pregnant or combining words like "can not" into "can't".

Ahh I hate when people correct other people....I guess I hate myself now. Sucks to be me.
    I wasn't quite sure of the most precise word to use so I went with a general one. In my book, any short version of a longer one is a contraction.
    I had been thinking about "upgrading" (term used loosely) to the G1000. After reading this and other forums, I was confused about whether or not Sprint would be charging more for the Vision Plan when using Microsoft PPC Phones. I decided to check the website to see if I could find anything about this "special" rate.

The website (don't know when this was added) says:

Additional charges apply for PCS Phones with PDA functionality that use Microsoft® Pocket PC operating systems.
    On this page:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/se...ansOptions.jsp

Note: I had to enter my zip to get to this page - don't know if that changes the information they offer or not. When the page loads, you should see the normal "vision" plan information. If you scroll down, right beneath these plans you will see two small bullet points. The second one is the quote above.

- bluepixel
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12