What is the best email application for viewing and sending attachments? I am currently using InBox to Go and the Documents to Go suit. The only problem I see so far is the handling of PDF files. The Docs to Go application converts them to a .doc file, and formatting is a mess. I would like an application that I can use to send attachments to others and keep the original format in place.
    Try snappermail + Quickoffice Premier combo...However, I'm not sure about PDF compatibility...
    Snappermail will let you send .pdf attachments in native format; however, there is no Palm OS viewer for them (Adobe's viewer uses a special Palm-only format, translated via conduit, so you can only view PDF files on your Treo that by using a converter app on a PC and then hotsyncing to it).

I don't think any other app exists for Palm OS that can view PC-format pdf files.

That said, Snappermail has the best attachment support, IMO.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    I'm having a lot of fun with RepliGo.

http://www.repligo.com/

It's a viewer with a highly compressed proprietary format, but it runs on a lot of platforms and it is pretty cool. The way you create documents is by installing the virtual Windows printer and printing to it. It's kinda like the way faxing software works. When you print to the repligo printer device, it makes a file ready for hotsync to your device.

The end result is you can print anything you want; Docs, PDFs, Web pages, and they even retain their colors. The only bad parts is that the current version doesn't give you a choice over graphics quality, so some graphics don't translate very well. Also viewing the documents on the low-res Palm devices is a bit tough because it makes the fonts all fuzzy & stuff.

Here's the cool part. You can print the doc from the PDA to an HP printer. Supposedly it should look verbatim to the original. I'm going to try it out today to see if a PDF comes out okay. I'm still in my trial period.

Once they get the image quality adjustment this would be an awesome tool. You could hold dozens of documents ready to print out on your PDA.
    But Repligo doesn't really help unless you can convince all your colleagues to email Repligo files to your Treo instead of PDF files, right?

I mean, you still have to get the PDF file on your PC, then tell it to print to the Repligo printer definition, then hotsync it to your Treo, right? You can't just import a native format PDF attached to an email message directly from your Treo's email application to the Repligo app on your Treo, without first converting it on a PC.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Originally posted by markshelby
    But Repligo doesn't really help unless you can convince all your colleagues to email Repligo files to your Treo instead of PDF files, right?

I mean, you still have to get the PDF file on your PC, then tell it to print to the Repligo printer definition, then hotsync it to your Treo, right? You can't just import a native format PDF attached to an email message directly from your Treo's email application to the Repligo app on your Treo, without first converting it on a PC.
    Exactly. It's not quite appropriate for what the original poster wanted. But it turned out to be a better solution for my PDF-viewing needs than Adobe's viewer. And as you mentioned, there doesn't appear to be any native PDF viewer for Palm.

What is kind of cool about Repligo is that I can envision a simple service where you'd upload an Excel, Doc, PDF or whatever document and it would convert it to RGO and send it back. All you need is a way to print the document, and for Office types of documents you can use the free M$ viewers.

Heh, that reminds me of a pet pieve. I have a sidekick and it was advertised as having native Doc and PDF attachment support. What a farce! All they do is convert it to plain-text on the server side. Kinda like Google does when you click "view as text" on a PDF link. It's completely useless, and false advertising to the extreme.

Oh BTW, I tried to print a document from Repligo earlier today and couldn't get it working with IR. It kept crapping out at 2% or so. I'll have to post to their message board, and also see if they have any suggestions as to how to automate an attachment converter.