Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Answer my questions as asked?

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  2. purpleX
  3.    #43  
    Look PurpleX,

Everybody in this forum told me to ignore you because you are a troll. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you are a troll, or Baghdad Bob, ignore my questions.

If you are not a troll, answer my questions as asked in complete and comprehensive sentences. That way we can get to the metaphorical bottom line.

I would love to be enlightened by your seemingly infinite wisdom!

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering

I think PurpleX has probably never actually owned a PDA (he can't afford them) and everything he knows is from playing with them at an electronics store... possibly he is a Circuit City employee!

I totally miss his point also- most here try to tell what they like (and sometimes dislike) about Palm and PDAs, he just hates everything that anyone likes, because there is gonna be something better someday. Well Duh...

BTW nice pictures, but none of them that I would want, and none that make me want the 600 less. Keep trying.

PurbleX... have you ever heard of video games? They would make a better way for you to waste your time then here being annoying.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
  5. purpleX
    You don't have to post if you don't want to. I am not putting a gun on your head.

If you have to ask the above question, then let's just say whatever answer I give you will be pretty useless anyway.

As far as I am concern you don't seem to know much about this treo 600 beside a short encounter and then pumping it up with tons of hype. Same as your claim about iPAQ etc.

so you might as well shut up.
  6.    #46  
    PurpleX

Your response to my very simple questions was “you might as well shut up.”

That is the best you can come up with?????????

You know you kind of remind me of something that Delicious Babe Heather Gram said in the movie Lost in Space, “Those who can't think fight.”

PurpleX, you also said a few posts ago “you dont' have the brain to come up with such questions.” It looks like you don’t have the brains to answer three simple questions. It’s no wonder you think the PPC is better.

I was looking for a more substantive answer, but if that is the best you can do then I guess everybody was right…you must be a troll…I mean if it walks like a troll and talks like a troll…it must be a troll!

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 07/05/2003 at 10:35 PM.

7. purpleX
    okay if that makes you happy. Will you be shutting up now or are we going to go back comparing treo against other handhelds?

I believe so far you have failed to make a convincing argument why treo is an attractive product beside saying... it's soooo cooooolll.... kindaa remind me of Starwars..

There is no report how it feels when running Palm apps, there is no report what the sounds quality of the phone is. there is no actual battery performance report, screen performance under various lighting condition... etc etc...

in fact there is almost nothing in the report, not even pictures.
    nice autobiography tho...

8.    #48  
    PurpleX:

I went and examined ALL of the links you posted. Thank you for sharing them, they were interesting. The challenge however, is that they are making my point. For instance the link you gave:

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...tid=135&page=2

When talking about the Keys, Howard Chui says: “Here's where things get ugly. The SPV's keypad is horrible. First off the keys are really short which makes them hard to push and secondly the keys are on a slope (check the picture below) so it's easy to press the wrong button if you use the ball of your finger since your nail will hit the one on top. The navigation pad is no better, it's a four way pad but the down button is not the same distance from the center that the top, right and left ones are (like a Nokia series 40 phone). To make things worse the center is also a button but it sticks out too far so it's easy to press accidentally.”

PurpleX if you scroll down that same page and look at the keyboard you are further making my case. Do you want to carry around a keyboard that is bigger than the phone?

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the pictures of the add-on digital camera? Is that what you want? You might as well carry around a separate digital camera.

PurpleX, Dude, the Microsoft Smartphone, codenamed “stinger” is just that. Microsoft Stung themselves. It is actually kind of weird defending against Microsoft. I am so used to the opposite.

In your last post in this thread you said “There is no report how it feels when running Palm apps, there is no report what the sounds quality of the phone is. there is no actual battery performance report, screen performance under various lighting condition... etc etc...in fact there is almost nothing in the report, not even pictures.”

Did you read my review, or did you A.D.D. out the same way you write? In my review I said it feels great when running palm apps, particularly the fact that you can do everything one handed without a stylus. The screen performance is great! I viewed it in very bright sunlight and it was crystal clear. The phone was crystal clear. As a matter of fact, I was on the other end of a call from a Treo 600 where I was placed on speakerphone. It sounded to good and clear, I could not believe is was on speakerphone.

When you say there is nothing in the report, not even pictures. I don’t know what report you are talking about? If you are talking about my review on the front of Treocentral.com there are pictures. I did not take pictures of the Treo 600 because I was sooo shocked to even be looking at it. I wish I had been able to spend more time with the Treo 600. If I had been able to I would have given an even more detailed report.

I may be able to get my hands on a Treo 600 in the not so distant future at which point I will give you a more detailed report. Thus assuming Handspring would condone such action.

9.    #49  
    By the way PurpleX, are you going to answer my three simple questions. I promise my intention is not to use the results of these questions against you:

Before I respond, let me ask you a few simple questions. Please reply to them directly by first answering Yes or No:

1. Do you agree with anything I have said? Yes or No? If the answer is Yes, what do you agree with?

2. Have you ever owned any Palm based PDAs? Yes or No? If Yes, which?

3. Have you ever ownded any PPC based PDAs? Yes or No? If Yes, which?

Jake

10. purpleX
    -If SPV keyboard is horrible, which btw already being fixed in E100, then let me assure you by howard's standard treo 600 key won't even pass the grade.

and dont' forget the SPV is already selling at about the rate of treo, so apparently the world doesn't give jid about treo's thumboard.

-There is a difference between cloberring bits and pieces of information from the net than actual "review". And let me assure you you haven't done review, it was more like preview and initial impression.

And no, you were talking out of your rear when it comes to iPaq.
  11.    #51  
    Boy PurpleX you are a Persnickety:

You know how I feel about Persnickety you know what’s?

This is a character defining moment for you. I can’t believe you are afraid to answer my three simple questions. You sure know how to dish it out, but you sure can’t take it.

Are you afraid of the truth? Answer my questions as asked. If not just blow away!!!

Jake

12. purpleX
    it's not all up there is it?
    Originally posted by JakeE
    Lemieux66, the main question I have for you, is what are you going to do? Are you going to get a PocketPC and keep using your Treo as your phone? Do you want to carry two devices around with you; and of course you have to have a case for the iPaq? And you said “I find that I use the Treo mainly for web browsing.” The iPaq PocketPC does not have a phone built in to it so how are you going to surf the web? Rely on Hi-Fi hotspots? With the Treo 600 you can surf the web one-handed without a stylus anywhere you have phone reception.
    Quoting myself... "So I think I'll wait to see if Sprint releases the SonyEricsson T608. If so I'll switch to that mobile phone and pair it will a HP IPAQ 2215. If the T608 doesn't come out I'll probably get the 2215 anyway and switch to T-mobile." Oh and I have a hot spot in my house already I'll let you know how green the grass is!
  14.    #54  
    Lemieux66

So basically you are saying you want to carry around two different devices with you? Why would you want to surf the web in your house on a tiny PocketPC screen?

Perhaps I am wrong, but I would strongly urge you to rethink your current strategy. Have you ever used graffiti before?

Jake

15. purpleX
    You'll be surprised the number of web site specializing for small screen, including forum and news.

It's still at "neat trick" level, but some sites are usefull.

POS would have enjoyed this years earlier had Palm put robust wireless and net apps. But here we are, even treocentral can only provide very rudimentary service to PDA.
    Lemieux66

So basically you are saying you want to carry around two different devices with you? Why would you want to surf the web in your house on a tiny PocketPC screen?

Perhaps I am wrong, but I would strongly urge you to rethink your current strategy. Have you ever used graffiti before?

Jake
    The point being that if I am looking something up while I'm at home I can use my faster wireless DSL connection! Yes, I have used graffiti before and I don't like it. I've used my friends pocket pc and another friends CLIE which both allow you to use the on screen keyboard. I like that better than gripping the device with two hands to thumb type. I often times use that on my Treo too! As for carrying around two devices, well I do have two pockets in all of my pants!

I don't mind you asking questions, but why the need to urge me to rethink? You seem to try to push your opinion onto others. I previously said the Treo 600 is a nice product and I think it will suit the needs of a lot of people, but I don't think I'm one of those people. I've been more than respectful of your opinion about the Treo 600 and didn't need to "bash it" to explain why I feel it's not the next PDA/Smartphone for me. Perhaps you should do the same regarding devices you don't like, especially if you are going to write articles for Treocentral.
    ENOUGH

CHILDREN please stop. I come here to read about the latest news about the Handspring Treo. Not about any of this crap. I expect this type of behaviour from some of the other type of forums I visit ever so often. I could give a rats "****" about a microsoft smartphone, there's a reason this site is called TREOCENTRAL

Please stop this, JakeE Lemiux66 and purpleX

Thank You
    TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
  18.    #58  
    Lemieux66

I was just trying to help you so you don't make a mistake. If you want to walk around with an PocketPC in one Pocket a Cell Phone in another pocket, a wallet in another pocket, keys, and sunglasses along with change, perhaps a headset, and whatever else—fine! Maybe you might want to get a SCOTTeVEST?

And by the way, I am a real person. Treocentral asked me if they could publish my review on their front page. I wrote my review so that I could share my insight with the people who would appreciate it the most, the readers in this forum. Before I saw the Treo 600 there were many unanswered questions. If at this moment I had not had the chance to see the Treo and all the info I had written did not exist, I would be dying of curiosity?

Do you think the average bear, if they had the experience I had with previewing a Treo would spend as much time writing as I have. Especially with no compensation whatsoever except that I get to share info with people like you?

I have been down the path you are considering. I was just trying to warn you. I’ve been there; done that—got the t-shirt...so if you want to look like Batman—go for it! Knock yourself out! I was just trying to share the insight with you...that less is more.

Jake
    Last edited by JakeE; 07/06/2003 at 06:17 PM.

TheHandlessKing,

I totally agree with you but...Aren't you that infamous "I **** on you" guy from PIC?

-If SPV keyboard is horrible, which btw already being fixed in E100, then let me assure you by howard's standard treo 600 key won't even pass the grade.
    Purple noodle,

If you really knew how Howardchui reviewes smartphones, you would know that the #1 thing he hates about convergence devices is the necessity to alternate between styli and keypad/thumbboards. Thus, if the Treo600 does indeed prove the reviews of seamless navigation thru the directional pad, thumbboard, I can assure you he'll be giving a damned good review of the Treo600. And lest stop talking about the E100 already until it hits the NA market. I dunno what more vaporware, the SPV or neonode n1...
  20. purpleX
    I was just trying to help you so you don't make a mistake. If you want to walk around with an PocketPC in one Pocket a Cell Phone in another pocket, a wallet in another pocket, keys, and sunglasses along with change, perhaps a headset, and whatever else—fine! Maybe you might want to get a SCOTTeVEST?
    why don't I help you so you don't make a mistake. If you want to walk around with an overpriced handphone with organizer capability - fine! Maybe you might want to tell us how much you are making?

And by the way, I am a real person. Treocentral asked me if they could publish my review on their front page. I wrote my review so that I could share my insight with the people who would appreciate it the most, the readers in this forum. Before I saw the Treo 600 there were many unanswered questions. If at this moment I had not had the chance to see the Treo and all the info I had written did not exist, I would be dying of curiosity?
    you are real allright, a fake persona couldn't possibly be so glib. You are as real as my friend Danny after seeing the movie 'Dune'. He raves about how Dune is the best movie ever, even more so than Star Wars.

I have been down the path you are considering. I was just trying to warn you. I’ve been there; done that—got the t-shirt...so if you want to look like Batman—go for it! Knock yourself out! I was just trying to share the insight with you...that less is more.
    what makes you think you are a disaster reviewer? recommending wrong things to the wrong person and for the wrong reason? It could happen you know, just like your movie taste.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast