1.    #1  
    First of all, I love my Treo, but I'm having problems justifying the purchase as I can't find any solutions to access my company's intranet...which is important to me since I'm frequently on-call and would like to use it as a work tool.

I have three major ways that I can connect to the intranet, Nortel VPN using SecurID, dial-up using just username and password, and Citrix NFuse. I can't find a way to use any of these with my newly acquired Treo 300. I've heard rumblings of being able to use NFuse with a java-enabled browser but I haven't successfuly done this with Zframe. I also downloaded Mergic but see no way to enter my SecurID information. I'm guessing that movian costs an arm and a leg while also making it necessary to make Nortel switch-side changes...which is not possible at my company.

Has anyone successfully used any of these?
    Like I said I love my Treo, but so far it is only a toy for me and I'd rather return it and wait for the more promising OS5 phones or even the PocketPC phones that are coming out in the near future (or so they tell us).

-Thanks much
    The0ne
    First of all, the Nortel VPN is completely proprietary, so you wont find anybody elses VPN client to connect to it. Mergic and Movian both do pretty good jobs at VPN, but they won't get through your Nortel.

There is no Citrix client for PalmOS (even PalmOS5), so that method is a wash also. As for the Java Browser option, there ain't one of those for PalmOS either. The best thing available in terms of Java for Palm is an implementation of J2ME/MIDP, but that probably isn't enough to run the Citrix client.

The other option, dialing into your corporate network, should be technically possible, but it still may not be what you want.

On Sprint, once your Treo's modem has dialed into someone other than Sprint's own Internet "cloud", you are off the unlimited data plan and onto being charged by the minute (which kind of sucks).

The saddest thing about this is that nothing really changes when the Treo 600 comes out. You will have all of the same pitfalls.
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    First of all, the Nortel VPN is completely proprietary, so you wont find anybody elses VPN client to connect to it. Mergic and Movian both do pretty good jobs at VPN, but they won't get through your Nortel.

There is no Citrix client for PalmOS (even PalmOS5), so that method is a wash also. As for the Java Browser option, there ain't one of those for PalmOS either. The best thing available in terms of Java for Palm is an implementation of J2ME/MIDP, but that probably isn't enough to run the Citrix client.

The other option, dialing into your corporate network, should be technically possible, but it still may not be what you want.

On Sprint, once your Treo's modem has dialed into someone other than Sprint's own Internet "cloud", you are off the unlimited data plan and onto being charged by the minute (which kind of sucks).

The saddest thing about this is that nothing really changes when the Treo 600 comes out. You will have all of the same pitfalls.
    Are you sure about Movian and Nortel?

See here: http://www.certicom.com/products/mov...n_support.html
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    ...not 100%, but pretty sure that the SecurID Nortel stuff requires an additional hardware "codekey" gadgett that tells you a secure set of digits to type in in order to unlock the VPN.

Nortel has more than one solution (as does any of the companies that went through a buying spree during the mid 90s.
    You set the SecurID login as a script in your network connection set up not in Mergic ..... in the Service you've established under Preferences / Network got to Details / Advanced / Script ....... this is where yopu build in the ability to support a SecurID login. I've been using a SceurID with Mergic VPN successfully for some time. Here is the script I use - you may need to tweak for your set up:

Wait for: ame:
    Send User ID:
    Send CR:
    Wait For: Code:
    Prompt: Enter Code
    Send CR:
    Wait for: Accecpted
    Send CR:
    End:

fm