1.    #1  
    Is there any way to take advantage of the many rebates out there right now on T300 purchases but keep your Sprint #?

I'm off contract, and it seems like I should be able to activate a new number and sign a contract (therefore qualifying for a rebate) and then shut down my existing account and switch phone numbers.

One Sprint employee told me it was possible, but two have since said no dice.

Would very much appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    Is there any way to take advantage of the many rebates out there right now on T300 purchases but keep your Sprint #?

I'm off contract, and it seems like I should be able to activate a new number and sign a contract (therefore qualifying for a rebate) and then shut down my existing account and switch phone numbers.

One Sprint employee told me it was possible, but two have since said no dice.

Would very much appreciate any help.
    Thanks.
    I had a similar experience when I got my Treo. What you might be able to do, depending on how nice Sprint feels like being is start a new account with a new number and use that for the rebate and at the same time, close your current account. I was told that it's OK to change the number on an account you open for the rebate as long as the line of service stays active. The number itself doesn't really matter for the rebate. So it looks like the catch would be getting Sprint to give you back your old number from the account you would close. That might be tricky.
    I tried this with Sprint and it caused 2 months of headaches. Its a very long story.. moral is find a retention rep who will give you the same discounts as if u were a new customer. Retention is allowed to give you the same discounts that SPRINT offers new customers (not the Amazon.com discount) if and ONLY if you are off contract. I got my Treo for $200 ($200 "instant" rebate + $100 svs credit) and never changed my number - just had to sign a 2 year.
    Got my 300 back in Feb (BestBuy closeout) .. just before the Amazon discounting ... was a previous Sprint customer (Nokia 6800 series) .. long story to short .. needed to get a new phone, hence the 300! New phone, new service .. thought I'd get the $25 "rebate" from Sprint. Asked for my old number (via the Nokia) .. submitted the rebate forms .. was told that I didn't qualify for the rebate .. cuz "old number".

Didn't expect the rebate .. figured Sprint would try to keep as much $ as it could. Wasn't worth the expected hassle to fight for $25 .. so let it go.

But .. not on any commitment on Sprint .. so I can leave at any time .. the 600 looks real nice .. and if Sprint offers a "great" upgrade plan .. I may go for it. Otherwise, I'll wait to see what the other carriers do .. at least w/the 600 .. Sprint doesn't have a lock on it .. so competition may bring out better pricing.

my 0.02