1.    #1  
    I'm just wanted to know how much people use their treos with their computers. I tried it once and loved the speed, but I didn't buy the app because I'm afraid to use it. How much are you all confortable with?
    Never. I have a Data Card too.

Which app are you considering?

Originally posted by mrgarza
    I'm just wanted to know how much people use their treos with their computers. I tried it once and loved the speed, but I didn't buy the app because I'm afraid to use it. How much are you all confortable with?
  3.    #3  
    I'm looking @ the june fabrics app. Why do you not use your data card?
    Only when I am on the road and staying in a hotel without Broadband Connection and charges for local calls.
    Let me clarify.

I never use the Treo as a modem because I have a Data Card which I use for BroadBand and dial-up access.

Originally posted by mrgarza
    I'm looking @ the june fabrics app. Why do you not use your data card?
    What does Sprint have to say about this?

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/
  7.    #7  
    I don't know what sprint says, I haven't called them
    I use it a lot when I'm on the road. It's generally as fast or faster than dialup.

I use it to do email, web surfing, VPN (then telnet), and VNC (Ultra VNC works great on slow mode)

I do not use it everyday but I do use it everyday when I'm on the road. In airports, in cars (when the sales person is driving in hotel rooms. It really work pretty well. I would recomend pdanet for windows PCs and wireless modem for Macs. (I own both)

I have probably done 20 megs of downloading in a day but this is the max I've done. I use from 30 megs a week to 0. I haven't had a problem with Sprint.

I really hope the Treo 600 still allows us to do this
    I use it once or twice a week to connect to my company LAN with VPN. I can do everything I normally do while at work.

I use the June Fabrics PdaNet 2.0 application which I bought.

The speed is very good and I have not been charged anything extra for using vision this way. I left all the defaults when installing PdaNet.
    Has anyone been charged an extra fee for using the Treo as a modem?