1.    #1  
    with unlimited data for 20? count me in!!!!
    Wonder if this blowout means the 600 is close at hand? We can only hope.
    TD
    Realistically speaking, no - it doesn't mean the TREO 600 is close at hand. TMobile itself is now carrying the 270 at a baseline price $150 lower. Either Handspring is funding that lower price or TMobile is reducing inventory (i.e., dumping a discontinued item).

Handspring was/is unambiguous about the 600 timeframe - "late fall". That is not "anytime summer".
    I'd say a combination of reducing inventory and trying to get some people who were on the fence to take the jump into a converged device with the hope of getting them to upgrade to a Treo 600 when it comes out.

JMHO

Gargoyle
    From the reports I've read here, Sprint is theonly one that has committed to the Treo 600 so far.
    Another question: I had to return my Treo 270 because it wouldn't sync with my Mac OSX. Should I wait for the Treo 600 or jump on the Amazon Treo offer at $ 60?
    I sync my 180 with OS X all the time, using iSync, iCal, and the Address Book (the other conduits just go to the Palm Desktop app)... was there some specific issue you had?
    I'm synching a Treo 270 from T-Mobile with Mac OS X 10.2.6 with no problem. One thing I did do was download and install the latest Palm Desktop 4.1 from Palm (I had already had it installed prior to getting the Treo). I just plugged in the Treo and it worked first time. Only thing you need to do if you do this is remove the updates folder in the Palm folder so it doesn't try to install an update on the Treo.

Originally posted by philski
    From the reports I've read here, Sprint is theonly one that has committed to the Treo 600 so far.
    Another question: I had to return my Treo 270 because it wouldn't sync with my Mac OSX. Should I wait for the Treo 600 or jump on the Amazon Treo offer at $ 60?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Actually, its $49.99 now after rebates.

Joe