1.    #1  
    For all the talk about the PDA-side of the Treo 600, I've yet to hear anyone remark about it's capabilities as an actual cellular phone!! Has anyone at any of these conferences/showcases been allowed to actually make calls on it?

Things like voice quality worry me tremendously, and as great as the specs look, it'd be a waste if it wasn't anything beyond a mediocre phone device. Granted, all networks are different, and whatever network they were displaying them on (T-Mobile, for one) might not be indicative of overall quality, but still, I'd like to hear some news from the voice side soon...
    Hi NocTurnerV

The sound quality was EXCELLENT. On the phone calls with the Treo 600 (talking to and talking with) it was great.

I don't know if you noticed, but the Treo 600 has a much beefier antena than the current treos. As I understand it the antena on the 600 is completely different and uses newer technology. I also understand that it was Handsprings objective to make the phone experience as high-quality and flawless as possible.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by JakeE
    Hi NocTurnerV

The sound quality was EXCELLENT. On the phone calls with the Treo 600 (talking to and talking with) it was great.

I don't know if you noticed, but the Treo 600 has a much beefier antena than the current treos. As I understand it the antena on the 600 is completely different and uses newer technology. I also understand that it was Handsprings objective to make the phone experience as high-quality and flawless as possible.

Jake
    Thanks, Jake...that's actually very reassuring to hear. And as a matter of fact, I did notice that the new antenna is considerably larger (it's hard not to, actually), but I don't go by the size of the antenna on a phone; the best phone I ever had, reception-wise, had an internal antenna without so much as a stub jutting out of the top. Go figure.

At any rate, just knowing that the 600 has solid call quality is making me want even more than before...damnit, why do we all have to wait so long? LOL