Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by richlee91
    Yeah that's the MO for cell phones.
    But 270 owners don't have these problems. And on my GSM sidekick, with all of its ridiculous issues, the battery life is fine and its coverage is twice as bad as the Treo 300 here.
    They "sabotage" our phones with new cruddy firmware so we will be more "inclined" to buy new Treo 600 when it comes out. Like when you take your car to fix it but have to bring it back because something else "mysteriously" goes wrong. Don't believe Sprint would do this, go to sprintsucks.org...
    Originally posted by 003oret
    They "sabotage" our phones with new cruddy firmware so we will be more "inclined" to buy new Treo 600 when it comes out. Like when you take your car to fix it but have to bring it back because something else "mysteriously" goes wrong. Don't believe Sprint would do this, go to sprintsucks.org...
    The problem, for them, is that I now refuse to buy a Sprint-branded *anything* until they can prove that the Treo 600 won't have this same issue on their network. I didn't feel this way before, but now I do because we have the long awaited firmware "fix" and I still have hideous battery issues caused by my poor coverage. I think the problem must be a very difficult one to solve. In that case, I'm cutting loose and going with another technology unless they can solve it.
    i took my phone to te sprint store to see if they could backload the old firmware to my treo. well after waiting two hours they said they couldn't do it. so i came home and comlained to tier two and suggested i have my current phone replaced with a refurb model as i'm sure they would not go back and update the software on those. well i went to the sprint store today and i am now awaiting my 8th or 9th treo 300 (is there a record for most treos owned in a years time-replaced that is)!! i seriously can't wait until the new treo 600 is available for gsm. i'm getting as far away from sprint as possible! prolly at&t. hopefully they will have compettetive rates for their web usage by then. SPRINT IS HORRIBLE! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE, NETWORK ISSUES, ALL OF IT!!
    Originally posted by 003oret
    SPRINT IS HORRIBLE! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE, NETWORK ISSUES, ALL OF IT!!
    I've never had any problems with their service, and having read the published description of what the firmware was designed to solve, I didn't "upgrade." I make it a policy to not change things that are working well without promises of something better. There were no such promises in this case. Should they have more thoroughly tested the updater before releasing it? Of course. Should you have shown a little restraint then and now? Probably.
  6.    #26  
    A day of travel - what a different tale! To DEN and on to SLC. Whacked the data pretty hard in the airports (Ebay auction I was TRYING to keep up with, but Ebay's mobile page doesn't work very well.), and had pretty good battery life. Several calls and probably eight or so data sessions brought the battery down just below 4V. Must be that even though I show a decent sig strength at home, it really isn't that good. Time will tell. More as I learn it.

Bob Duckworth
    I am one of those people that look for the latest updates, wait a few days to read the complaints, then usually update anyhow. After reading some of the posts on the 1.21 firmware, I might wait. Let me pass on a few thoughts.

I purchased my Treo just a few days after they were released (die hard, Visor fan). I am currently running 1.02 firmware and PRL 0015 (whatever PRL is).

Battery Life: The battery life is defiantly shorter than my Startac that I used to use, however; I didnít do much surfing with the Startac ;>). My battery does drain fast when I go into areas that have no coverageÖ but then so do the Nokiaís and Motorolaís that are strapped to the sides of my coworkers. On average, the Nokiaís battery (AT&T) will drain before my Treo in areas of no coverage. Iíve trained myself to watch for the red light and turn off the phone when I see it. Never heard of TreoHelp until now, might try it out. I get about 2.0 hours of talk time, would really like to see the Treo 600 improve on this.

As for data speeds: I do a great deal of traveling and waiting in airports. I used to hook up to Tmobile or whatever else was offered in the airports. Now, PDANet is my connection of choice. I often see 50kbs and higher (as clocked through dslreports.com) when using my Treo to provide a connection to the Internet for my laptop, and hey, itís much cheaper than $6.95 per day for Tmobile. At 50k, if the hotel only has a dial up, I use the Treo for my Internet connection, 50k is much better than 28.8.

I canít tell you how many times exceeded the drop test as Iím pretty hard on phones. I havenít seen the hinge cracks and Iím trying not to look very close.

I almost never see a fatal error but have noticed some connections problems with the last Sprint Business update.

So you can see my hesitation with upgrading as I don't want to experience the problems others see. Recommendation: backgrade (if that's a tech word) the old stuff seems to work great.

Canít wait for the 600.
    Pardon me, some of you talk about battery volatge. How do I display that on the Treo? Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Pardon me, some of you talk about battery volatge. How do I display that on the Treo? Thanks in advance.

Push and hold the top half of the scroll button at the bottom of your treo and at the same time touch and hold the very top middle of your treo screen and the voltage will pop up with other info too.

Take care.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    After I upraded my battery is much less.

I even got to zero battery...without even using the phone much!

The upgrade is not well planned!

I can't wait for the 600. But I bought a Garmin 3600 in the meantime to also have:
    a huge screen
    recorder
    GPS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12