1.    #1  
    Sorry, I tried to do a search, but couldn't come up with anything. I don't own a Treo 300 yet, but with Sprint, will I still be able to check email/access the internet if I am roaming off the Sprint network? Do I have to have Vision to connect to the internet with the 300, or is there something similar to QNC (quick net connect) as there is with Verizon?
    I'm not sure this will answer you question, but the Treo300 is a monoband mobile, thus you cannot roam off network even if you wanted to. If you don't have a signal, then you're out of luck and you cannot fall back on AMPS etc.

Secondly, I'm unfortunately not familiar with verizon's "quick net connection". Does this refer to their 2G wireless web feature? Anyway...you have to connect with vision to gain internet access. This usually isn't a problem b/c like many users here, you just keep the treo connected 24/7! (There are exceptions of course in instances of turbo drain probs etc). Thus if cannot make vision connection, you will not be able to download your email, surf, send sms etc. Fortunately, I rarely experience, if ever, this problem. You should find out what Sprint's coverage is like in your area to get a better idea. Also I dunno if this unusual, but I sometimes have a much easier time connecting to vision than getting a signal to make a voice call! I dunno why but where I live I hardly get 1-2 bars of signal strength which results in alot of dropped calls. But my vision connection is superb and fast as heck. Very strange....
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that does answer my question, I had forgot that the 300 was monoband. How about with a device like the Treo 600 (which is dual-band). Anyone have any idea if it would be possible to surf off the Sprint network?

Verizon's Quick Net Connect is a 2G (I think) older internet connection. When your not in a Express Network (3G) area, you can switch over to QNC and still connect (at 14.4K only, though).
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Thanks, that does answer my question, I had forgot that the 300 was monoband. How about with a device like the Treo 600 (which is dual-band). Anyone have any idea if it would be possible to surf off the Sprint network?

Verizon's Quick Net Connect is a 2G (I think) older internet connection. When your not in a Express Network (3G) area, you can switch over to QNC and still connect (at 14.4K only, though).
    Till Sprint and verizon implement CDMA roaming on each others networks, you will not be able to roam using 1xRTT.

Don't know about the qnc etc. as I don't track such.

/v
    It's hard enough for me to connect when I'm in the Sprint area!
    Your phone can roam on other CDMA PCS band networks even though it is "monoband". Cricket, Qwest, and even Verizon (Texas, Florida) all have CDMA 1900 MHz networks which the Treo 300 can roam on. Unfortunately, as the other posters have said, you are SOL when it comes to data roaming.