1.    #1  
    considering the availability in the works to play mp3s on the phone, perhaps mpeg-4 can also be realised. there are a few HDD devices--such as the ARCHOS MULTIMEDIA 20--that do just as such. and, i have played short 3 min movies shot on my digital camera on a tv using said camera as the player. make the treo 600 a fully funtional mp3 player, mpeg-4 player, GPS devise thorugh use of the SDIO slot, and throw in the software to be able to play games through an emulator, and we'd have the perfect machine. hell, make it so it can connect to a monitor or tv and it will be all the more better.
    murf80

I agree with everthing you say completely. How cool would it be to be able to play defender on the Treo.

I would like to be able to use my computer as a Tivo-like DVR and watch the material on my Treo.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    You would require software to be able to do this. For instance, the Sony CLie TG50 comes with an MPEG 4 player. Over on cliesource people have converted all sorts of things using the Sony converter that comes with it.
    Originally posted by murf80
    considering the availability in the works to play mp3s on the phone, perhaps mpeg-4 can also be realised. there are a few HDD devices--such as the ARCHOS MULTIMEDIA 20--that do just as such. and, i have played short 3 min movies shot on my digital camera on a tv using said camera as the player. make the treo 600 a fully funtional mp3 player, mpeg-4 player, GPS devise thorugh use of the SDIO slot, and throw in the software to be able to play games through an emulator, and we'd have the perfect machine. hell, make it so it can connect to a monitor or tv and it will be all the more better.
    Alot of this is already or will soon be possible!

mp3 players: There are already several available such as real player, pocket tunes, and aeroplayer

mpeg: well you can convert mpeg using kinoma into a proprietary format that is compatible with Kinoma player. There is also a beta release of mmplayer that is compatible w/Mpeg 1,2,4. This is a very promising app and will be exceptional once released

gps: There is a SD GPS card coming out from Matsu****a soon. There should be both PalmOS+PPC versions. Also the Treo600 itself probably already has built-in GPS funtionality as discussed in this thread. However, it's uncertain when, if ever, SprintPCS will decided to rollout their location based services.

game emus: There are several of these already available like Kalem Soft's NES emu for PalmOS 5, ScummVM Emulator , XCade arcade emulator, Sarien Sierra Game Interpreter that allows you to play early Sierra On-Line games, and various Gameboy emus (Liberty is the best btw) and etc. However, I fail to see the point playing any games on such a small screen, and low rez as well. If you really want a gaming pda, then you might as well wait for the Tapwave Helix that should be released later this year...

As far as how to connect a pda/smartphone to a tv...I have no idea! However that would certainly be cool...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/29/2003 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    game emus: There are several of these already available like Kalem Soft's NES emu for PalmOS 5, ScummVM Emulator , XCade arcade emulator, Sarien Sierra Game Interpreter that allows you to play early Sierra On-Line games, and various Gameboy emus (Liberty is the best btw) and etc. However, I fail to see the point playing any games on such a small screen, and low rez as well. If you really want a gaming pda, then you might as well wait for the Tapwave Helix that should be released later this year...

As far as how to connect a pda/smartphone to a tv...I have no idea! However that would certainly be cool...
    have you been able to get Sarien to work on the Treo...? i know i tried it on a Zire72, and it'd crash all the time, or the game wouldn't work right. PocketSarien by the way is on point tho....but no more pocketpc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

mpeg: well you can convert mpeg using kinoma into a proprietary format that is compatible with Kinoma player. There is also a beta release of mmplayer that is compatible w/Mpeg 1,2,4. This is a very promising app and will be exceptional once released
    that would be awesome. I've been trapped by the itunes m4p monster.