Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know, I know, I am a total geek, but I bet people will download this. Download the pdf file, print it out on sturdy paper in landscape mode, cut and fold on the lines, and tape it together! It gives you a good idea of the size and feel of the Treo 600. It will probably 'feel' even smaller in real life due to the rounded edges.

http://www.stacworks.com/Treo600.pdf
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    [B]I know, I know, I am a total geek
    Hehehe. Yes you are. But I downloaded it! Time to get out the scissors.
    A geek with lot of time. Now only if I had a working printer...
    Wcarlson40, you may be a geek but you rock! I made one. I felt like I was a kid again, fishing out the prize in the cereal box. I was having a pretty hard time visualizing the 600 before this. Thanks!
    Mine prints out too small. Instead of 4.41 X 2.26 X .87 I'm getting about 3.75 X 2 X .75. Coincidentally that is almost exactly the same dimensions as my wife's startac when closed.

I think that comes out to about 15% too smaller, so I tried scaling the print out to 115%. Didn't work.

wcarlson40, any chance you could post a pattern about 15% larger than the one you have posted now? You thought you were a geek, I think I take the cake.

Thanks,
    John
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by johnbdh
    Mine prints out too small. Instead of 4.41 X 2.26 X .87 I'm getting about 3.75 X 2 X .75. Coincidentally that is almost exactly the same dimensions as my wife's startac when closed.
    Make sure you're printing it out from Adobe Acrobat reader rather than internet explorer or something. Save it to disk, then open it in Acrobat. If still not the right size, it may have something to do with your printer.
    Mine didn't print out the right size either. It was too small.
  8.    #8  
    Make sure you are printing in Landscape mode, and make sure 'Shrink oversized pages to paper size' is Unchecked on the Print dialog screen.
    I tried it with those print setting modifications. Works great!

The only problem is that I can't figure out how to dial out...
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Make sure you are printing in Landscape mode, and make sure 'Shrink oversized pages to paper size' is Unchecked on the Print dialog screen.
    Yes, that's the ticket. That's how I got mine to print out perfectly. The first two came out a bit tiny.
    Boy was I bored.

I did them both and then took a picture of them next to the 270.

I know(think) the smaller on is the wrong one, but damn it is so cute.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This is really, kewl, and has basically convinced me now that I want this. The height and the width are awesome, slightly bigger that a T68i that I have. It's a little thick, but considering the real model won't be so squared off, it will be pretty good.

The wife is really going to laugh at me when she sees this
    These little paper Treos are cute, but darn! Still no bluetooth!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by monkeywithacold
    These little paper Treos are cute, but darn! Still no bluetooth!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You gotta be kidding me! What are you people thinking?! You must have waaay too much time on your hands.

OK, just to try to understand what you people are thinking, I printed it and made one.
    Wow! The Treo 600 is doing amazingly well in the drop test!!!

On the other hand, it's not doing so well in the sqeeze test.
    cool..... your version has a retractable antenna.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Do the published dimensions of the Treo 600 include the antena or not??

Rich
    .... this is fun. can you pass me the glue.
    I wonder if Jeff and Donna have one of these. I think we should send them one.

...... this is some good glue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast