I nominate you to test it out and come back with a full report when you can.

:-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i just downloaded it to try, been thinking of getting an email program for my pop3 accounts as i try to get away from aol. what the heck, gotta start somewhere
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i just downloaded it to try, been thinking of getting an email program for my pop3 accounts as i try to get away from aol. what the heck, gotta start somewhere
    good luck.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I don't suppose this has a built in way to "push" e-mail, does it? I've been trying to think of a way to do it without using any applications that I have to buy. Right now I'm trying to get set up a rule in Outlook that when I receive e-mail, for it to automatically send me a text message by xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. The problem is, so far, I've only figured out how to forward the message. Obviously if it's too long or has graphics, it won't send. Does anyone know of a way in Outlook to send a specific saved e-mail to an address, just something to let me know that I've gotten e-mail? Thanks.
  5.    #6  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Does anyone know of a way in Outlook to send a specific saved e-mail to an address, just something to let me know that I've gotten e-mail? Thanks.
    http://www.dogspots.com/emailnotify/
    I'll have to try this tonight, thanks a lot.
    I set up EMail Notify but I can't get it to work. I get an error, "ERROR Connecting to POP3 server: Cannot allocate socket." I double checked my POP3 settings and they're identical to what I have in Outlook. Any ideas?
    Check with your ISP. Some don't allow access "off the network", or will have different settings or ways of accessing the mail server if you are.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    I set up EMail Notify but I can't get it to work. I get an error, "ERROR Connecting to POP3 server: Cannot allocate socket." I double checked my POP3 settings and they're identical to what I have in Outlook. Any ideas?
    What OS are you running?

Do you have a firewall or anything else out of the ordinary (VPN, Proxy, etc.)?
    Yeah, it was the firewall even though I had set it to allow the program to work. But every once in a while it will stop allowing just about all connections and has to be reset. That's what happened. Restarted and worked like a charms. Thanks.