1.    #1  
    After installing Treo Updater 1.0, I had Firmware Rev: 1.21 and PRL Rev: 10018. Yesterday I had to call Sprint Customer service and when I dialed *2, the virtual assistant Claire said that one of the components on my phone has to be upgraded and asked me to stay online. Within 1 min the upgrade was complete.. no resetting nothing.. and when I checked my phone, PRL Rev is now 10019. Did it happen to anyone else??

-chiru
    Just tried. Got nothing. Still at 18.
  3.    #3  
    Looks like there are some folks for whom it did happen like I wrote. Checkout...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...849#post225849

-chiru
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    Just tried. Got nothing. Still at 18.
    You have to call *2, say "P R L Update" and then tell ther person you want a PRL Update. She'll then try to sign you up for $2.99 SMS minutes alerts, and switch your land-line service over to Sprint. I think there was some other pitch as well, but ultimately she'll type in some stuff and when you call *2 a few minutes later it will do the PRL Update automatically.
  5.    #5  
    Strange.. it did not happened to me that way..

just called *2, Virtual assistant recognized I am having PRL 10018, asked me to wait, upgraded the PRL to 10019. No speaking, no promotional offers to deal, no pressing *2 again.

-chiru
    Originally posted by chiru
    After installing Treo Updater 1.0, I had Firmware Rev: 1.21 and PRL Rev: 10018. Yesterday I had to call Sprint Customer service and when I dialed *2, the virtual assistant Claire said that one of the components on my phone has to be upgraded and asked me to stay online. Within 1 min the upgrade was complete.. no resetting nothing.. and when I checked my phone, PRL Rev is now 10019. Did it happen to anyone else??

-chiru
    Have you noticed any benefits or changes since the update?
  7.    #7  
    I have always been in areas where there is good SprintPCS signal strength and haven't noticed any major changes with PRL10019. As the name says, "Preferred Roaming List", someone who travels or goes onto roam frequently can tell us if they see any noticeable differences between 10018 and 10019.

Then other thing I can say is that after Treo Updater 1.0 installation my battery charge life seems to have gone down.. it is almost half of what it was before the update.

-chiru
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I went to the Sprint Store yesterdday, and had my Treo swapped out. I asked the technician to upgrade the prl and firmware, and was told they could not do that. In addition, he also said that PRL 10019 enables roaming in SOUTH KOREA only, and that there were no other advantages to the 10 to 19 upgrade.

Not that I believe a technician from a sprint store, but i thought i would throw in my two cents on the subject
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    This hapenned to me 2 days ago. I believe that someone at SPrint needs to make some entry in some database so that you are identified for the automatic PRL update. I called several weeks back and asked them to do this for me. When I re-dialed *2, it told me it was updating something, but the PRL stayed at 10018.

This time, the update took, and I'm at 10019 now. Haven't really noticed any differences so far.
    I just did the *2 thingy and it detected automatically thai I needed an iupdate. It proceeded to bring me to 19 from 18. I also did the updater as well.
    Hey chiru,

After buying my Treo 300 at CompUSA on Sunday, I had a SprintPCS rep activate it over a landline phone the same day.

After activation, I made an outgoing call to confirm that it was working. After I "hung up" the call, it made an outgoing call by itself and a message appeared on my phone.

It said something to the effect:
    "Your cellular telephone seems to need an upgrade would you like to proceed, Y or N".

I clicked "Yes" and now my phone is setup as:
    PRI: 10019
    Firmware Rev: 1.02

I'm new to this "3G" technology, but I know that "Firmware" upgrades always had to be flashed at a Sprint office. I think that this "new-to-me" system of upgrading over the wireless connection is great and convenient.

Dave Lindberg
  12.    #12  
    Wow!! This is getting better. I guess they (Sprint-Handspring) have installed an application to do that in the new Treo 300's.

Also your Firmware rev (1.02) is not the latest.

Originally posted by NMprofessional

I'm new to this "3G" technology, but I know that "Firmware" upgrades always had to be flashed at a Sprint office. I think that this "new-to-me" system of upgrading over the wireless connection is great and convenient.

Not only that, it is not neccessary to go to Sprint office/store to get the "Firmware" upgrades. Handspring website has Treo Updater 1.0 to upgrade the firmware from 1.02 to 1.21.

A note of caution - Read the discussion threads regarding post-upgrade problems some of the Treo 300 users are facing before you go ahead with the upgrade.

-chiru