I've seen tons of glowing reviews (and a fair share of criticism) for the Treo 600 from people who have had a chance to play with it for a few minutes or even a few days. However, I want to know if anyone has had a chance to use it for a few weeks. I mean really use it.

I like the new features that have been announced. I can live without a hi-res screen and BT. But being on my 6th Treo now (3 180's and 3 270's), I'm concerned about stability. When I got my first Treo, I was testing the units for potential deployment in my company. We tested 180's on T-Mobile and a 300 on Sprint. From my experience, non-GPRS upgraded 180s work perfectly. But any GPRS enabled devices and PCS Vision enabled 300s tend to crash about once a week. A simple soft reset will typically resolve the problem. However, as head of our tech group, I can't conceivably deploy such an unstable device to the rest of my company (which is why we went with Blackberries in the end). Moreover, in the course of one year, I had unfixable errors to my 180 that required replacement units (twice). I later sold the last replacement and used the proceeds to buy a 270 that also ended up needing to be replaced twice. As for the 300, the employee testing that unit returned it after 3 weeks.

From most of my research, people on this board seem to think that it's a hardware issue. They believe that beefier hardware would resolve the crashing. On the one hand, I'm ecstatic that the new Treo will be faster and better and have more features. But I imagine that the new OS and software will also be more taxing on the hardware. So, I guess my question is to see if anyone who is familiar with the types of crashes that I'm describing has been able to test the unit over the course of a few weeks, and if so, what's your experience been like?