1.    #1  
    Hi, I am a new treo user. when I go to Messaging in Blazer, there is only an option for BusinessConnet. I dont see options for yahoo messenger or shortmail or pcs-email. do i need to update something? blazer version is 2.1.1s2 Build 31

thanks for the help.
    Before you get pounded with posts telling you to search, I'll chime in.

Go to www.pdaapps.com and get verichat for Yahoo IM and get TreoSMS for shortmail. Sprint does not enable the Treo to work with shortmail or any IM product. Yes the pdaapps software will cost you money if you keep it past the trial but it will do what you need. It's what I use and it works very well. There are other apps out there that will do basically the same thing. Research what your needs are compared to the cost and make the best choice.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the help
    Originally posted by asmigee
    Hi, I am a new treo user. when I go to Messaging in Blazer, there is only an option for BusinessConnet. I dont see options for yahoo messenger or shortmail or pcs-email. do i need to update something? blazer version is 2.1.1s2 Build 31

thanks for the help.

Getting the apps howensby mentioned is a good idea. However, you should be able to get reimburssed for buying Treo300SMS. Sprint explicitly says you have access to shortmail, and the manual for the Treo 300 says it works. Since it doesn't and we have to buy a 3rd party app for shortmail, if you call CS and explain everything, they should give you a $20 credit on your account.