Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has already been posted.
    This is a review by PC Magazine of a prototype Treo 600. They seemed to like it! I too am concerned about scracthing the screen and also the camera lens.

    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1137788,00.asp
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

    <a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by chungmike
    I too am concerned about scracthing the screen and also the camera lens.
    Unless the interior of your pocket is lined with sandpaper, I don't see a problem.
    David
  3. #3  
    I've been using my 270 without a lid or case for the best part of a year... not a scratch.
    www.gsmworld.com
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    I've been using my 270 without a lid or case for the best part of a year... not a scratch.
    Not trying to change the subject on this post, but how do you use the 270 without it's lid? Do you have to constantly use an earbud microphone, since the original microphone is in the lid, or is there a workaround?

    I've seen you post about this before, and I am slightly curious...
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by NocTurnerV


    Do you have to constantly use an earbud microphone, since the original microphone is in the lid, or is there a workaround?

    I've seen you post about this before, and I am slightly curious...
    I originally did a half-baked attempt and removed only half of the lid (the clear part) and then tacked the speaker part back on (do a search on Treo HFL).

    This worked quite well but I actually didn't like having a clam shell at all - I have now completely removed the lid and the hinge and therefore sacraficed the speaker-phone part, which I didn't use anyway.

    I've put a hacked up Nokia speaker in the case - it's tiny and very crisp. I've covered the hole with a fine black metal mesh. It looks the business.

    I also cut down the Treo antenna to a 1/3 of its original size - not sure why the 600 antenna is the size of a house when Nokia et al have no visible antenna

    The downside is, I now get loads of people asking me if it's a Tungsten
    www.gsmworld.com
  6. #6  
    Have any pictures of this latest hack?

Posting Permissions