Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. purpleX
    I don't know, how does he suppose to use IM with treo? monthly service?

(Apparently this anchor desk person is too busy to realize Microsoft doesn't port the MS IM to POS, let alone knowing whatever input the now defunk i705 has is also available in E750. )
    Originally posted by purpleX
    I don't know, how does he suppose to use IM with treo? monthly service?

(Apparently this anchor desk person is too busy to realize Microsoft doesn't port the MS IM to POS, let alone knowing whatever input the now defunk i705 has is also available in E750. )
    I'm not sure I fully understand what you said. But I use MS IM on my treo 270 everyday using VeriChat. I also use it for AOL and Yahoo chat, all in one program. I don't use ICQ, but if I did, it can do that too. I paid about $25 for the software and a year of service. It's a great program.
    Originally posted by mcyang

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/3599.html

That is not true at all. Palm OS 5/6 is far more powerful and efficient than PPC.
    I second that.

Any program that Microsoft writes has efficiency close to zero.
    Does your Windows XP on 1Ghz run 10x faster than when you were running Windows 95 when you were using 120hz pentium? Actually, I find them about the same speed.

Do you actually feel that the 400MHz IPAC is 13x faster than a 33MHz dragonball? I dun think so...
    Originally posted by purpleX
    [B]

That is assuming that integrated keyboard is appealing enough factor for treo to hold on to market share.
    Yes it is.

which it doesn't seem to be in every market that smarphone enters. Can smartphone do all the thing that treo can do with keyboard? probably not.
    definately no.

Can treo do all the thing smartphone can do? most positively not.
    DEFINATELY YES.

If integrated keyboard turns out to be the very feature that customer wants, you can bet your horse, Microsoft will release one variation with integrated keyboard. But as of now, from about 6 or so initial variations, Microsoft rather aim for what high end Japanese phones form factor. There is no big seller high end phone in the world that comes with a keyboard. Neither of the big 3 phone makes make phone with it. (Nokia, Samsung, moto) (well there is one fold out Nokia phone but it's not out yet)
    Yes... that's what microsoft does, copy other people's features. Look at the mouse. It came from Macs. Windows? came from MacOS. Multidesktops? LINUX. So yes, they will try to copy the keyboard. But no, they won't integrate it as well as Treo does. Just look at the G1000 if you want a good laugh.
    So where is this Hitachi phone??

Was supposed to be released by June... Then July 1 now it's mid July and NO sign of it!

What's the deal!
  6.    #106  
    I am wondering the same thing.

how can they just not deploy them by now
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    So where is this Hitachi phone??

Was supposed to be released by June... Then July 1 now it's mid July and NO sign of it!

What's the deal!
    It probably didn't fit in the trucks.
    Originally posted by silverado

It probably didn't fit in the trucks.
    Zing! I liked it.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    DSDXp : can you post some pictures, I stop at the local store in Palo Alto California and they stated that they did not have clue when this phone will be out. I did see the Veirzon I700 , sweeeeeet!!!!
  10. purpleX
    Originally posted by veroi
    DSDXp : can you post some pictures, I stop at the local store in Palo Alto California and they stated that they did not have clue when this phone will be out. I did see the Veirzon I700 , sweeeeeet!!!!
    It's a fullsize PPC, larger than i700
    http://pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/articleview.php?t=3093

Next to XDA. (Xda is about the width of treo300, but longer)
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3119

more stuff in this forum
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/phpBB2/index.php
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456