Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My new 270 should arrive today, so with that in mind, some questions.

1. Has anyone found a hands free car kit for the 270

2. Do the firmware fixes for the 300 apply to the 270? (I don't thinks so but have to ask) and if not, is the 270 in need of one?

3. What are peoples favorite accessories?

I'm sure more questions to come....

J Albert
    Originally posted by jalbert
    My new 270 should arrive today, so with that in mind, some questions.

1. Has anyone found a hands free car kit for the 270

2. Do the firmware fixes for the 300 apply to the 270? (I don't thinks so but have to ask) and if not, is the 270 in need of one?

3. What are peoples favorite accessories?

I'm sure more questions to come....

J Albert
    J,
    1. Haven't looked; you may want to search here.
    2. You're right: no
    3. The only one I've needed and have used everywhere is a car adapter/charger.
    Enjoy your Treo. Nothing better out there -or on the horizon for me, including the 600.

Rodolfo
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    The Treo 270 is my constant companion. I carry it firm against my belt in a stiff, rugged leather belt case called Nutshell, made by tuff-as-nuts.com in NZ. I've had it over a year and it's great. The only weakness in the design is there's no pouch for the earpiece, but I never use one so it's not a problem.
    I actually spent over $40 on a small, folding solar panel charger which I adapted to connect to the Treo 270 for use in the woods when camping.
    Software: My primary use for my Treo 270 is as a way of avoiding corporate snooping, and corporate policy against reading private e-mails! I check my home (Earthlink) e-mail at my desk or in the bathroom using SnapperMail (the best). I can even get jpg attachments with JpegWatchLite and read attached MSWord documents with Quickword.
    I had the Treo 180 from April 2002 to this April but the 270 is better in many ways.
    Any new device that doesn't have the Blackberry/Treo mini-QWERTY keyboard is of no use to me. I can thumbtype easily on these little devices.
    I have a car charger which I've never used. I believe, based on a sneak preview I read, that the upcoming Treo 600 will likely feature improvements over the 270-300 series. I'm at jnevets@sprintmail.com if you have any questions.
    Treo user, 67+