1.    #1  
    Hey folks. I think I finally stumbled upon a method of email "push" that works quickly, consistently and well. It involves three pieces: SnapperMail, TreoHelper and SBC Yahoo DSL. I create an alert on my SBC account to notify me of new mail, TreoHelper takes that alert and opens SnapperMail which fetches it. It works *fast.* In a drag race with my Blackberry, it actually won by a few seconds! So if you live in an area served by one of SBC's arms, this setup rocks.
    How long have you been doing this? Wht is your battery life?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've been doing this, well basically, for some time now. Except I don't use TreoHelper to fetch the mail. But I have the email alerts coming to me from Yahoo and I love that feature. I only wish I could screen out the junk mail alerts. Maybe I will try the TreoHelper fetch idea. It certainly would save some keystrokes...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    How long have you been doing this? Wht is your battery life?
    Since this morning. Seems fine so far. Of course if you get hundreds of emails a day, it would be bad. I don't, so it works wonderfully.
    For those of you that don't have access to SBC (here in Canada) this is what I have been doing and it also works extremely well. Install Push Mail (it is free and there is information on this software in one of the forums here - just do a search). Delete the PushMail software from your system. You will still get SMS text messages everytime an e-mail comes into your account because you set this up on their website. Setup treo helper to trigger Snappermail when you get an SMS from PushMail. This solution has worked very well for me!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  6.    #6  
    Guess I forgot to mention why having SBC Yahoo as my ISP matters (as opposed to the simple Yahoo Mail). You get free POP access to your Yahoo mail with the SBC account.
    Should that technique work for any POP e-mail service? I have Eudora installed and it gets my e-mail just fine, just not notification. If I can set that up to notify me through SMS, that would be great.
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    For those of you that don't have access to SBC (here in Canada) this is what I have been doing and it also works extremely well. Install Push Mail (it is free and there is information on this software in one of the forums here - just do a search). Delete the PushMail software from your system. You will still get SMS text messages everytime an e-mail comes into your account because you set this up on their website. Setup treo helper to trigger Snappermail when you get an SMS from PushMail. This solution has worked very well for me!
    That's exactly what I do
    I hope they come out with service for the Treo 300 soon. Any idea what this service will cost?