Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have been Having a lot of trouble with e-mail, with eudora I can colect - but I can't send because of my I.S.P. On my treo email, I can send but I can't colect. I'm so confuse, I don't know what to do anymore. I tryed snaper mail, and I had the same problem as Eudora.
  2. #2  
    I'm confused. you can't send or you can't collect your email with your treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by ik3ri2
    I have been Having a lot of trouble with e-mail, with eudora I can colect - but I can't send because of my I.S.P. On my treo email, I can send but I can't colect. I'm so confuse, I don't know what to do anymore. I tryed snaper mail, and I had the same problem as Eudora.
    Hmmm... let me see if this is right:

    1. With Eudora or SnapperMail, you can connect and download your e-mail but not send it. What prevents you from receiving e-mail with Eudora and/or SnapperMail?

    - If you can receive it, that means you have connected either to your ISP through the Treo using redular dial-up, or though your phone provider through GPRS. (Which one of these is the way you are connecting?)

    - After you connect, what errors do you get from Eudora/SnapperMail when you try to send mail?

    2. When you speak of 'Treo Mail', are you talking about the mail application that exists on the Treo when you first get it from Handspring?

    Working from memory, as I removed that application pretty quickly, I am 99% sure that 'Treo Mail' can only sync the mail off your main PC. That would explain why it appears to send (probably just queued up to send out the conduit to Outlook or Eudora on the PC), but why you can't receive. It will only get mail from the PC during sync-ing. (With the conduit set appropriately).

    Does this approximate what is going on with your Treo?
  4. #4  
    I have the same problem, the only two email softwares that work for me are Aileron or Treo Mail. I have tried Snappermail and Iambic mail, with the two of them I can only receive and not send. I would love to be able to get Snappermail to work to send emails. If anyone can help me also let me know.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by Stephen Wise
    I have the same problem, the only two email softwares that work for me are Aileron or Treo Mail. I have tried Snappermail and Iambic mail, with the two of them I can only receive and not send. I would love to be able to get Snappermail to work to send emails. If anyone can help me also let me know.
    1. What is your wireless provider?

    2. Do you use GPRS to connect to the net or Dial-Up?

    3. Who is the ISP that has your e-mail?

    4. Does your ISP use POP or IMAP

    5, Does your ISP require SSL for e-mail access?
  6.    #6  
    I use gprs from t-mobile
  7. #7  
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. #8  
    my carrier in Canada is Rogers. In the States it is T-Mobile. I use videotron in Canada for my email. They are POP. There pop is pop.videotron.ca and SMTP is relais.videotron.ca

    Anyone know what to do?

    Thanks
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Stephen Wise
    my carrier in Canada is Rogers. In the States it is T-Mobile. I use videotron in Canada for my email. They are POP. There pop is pop.videotron.ca and SMTP is relais.videotron.ca

    Anyone know what to do?

    Thanks
    You have to find out from rogers if they have an smtp server for you to use.

    They should if they prevent relaying, which is whay you are trying to do.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Felipe


    You have to find out from rogers if they have an smtp server for you to use.

    They should if they prevent relaying, which is whay you are trying to do.
    Or there may be an smtp server on videotron that allows access from sites not directly on the videotron network (somewhere like, perhaps, rogers) requires an authenticated smtp connection. Typically, you need to provide your normal user name and password (the one you would normally use on videotron) to access the authenticated smtp server.

Posting Permissions