1.    #1  
    Here's the log from my last hotsync, can anybody tell me what the error number stands for? And how to fix it?

HotSync 3.0.0 started 24/6/03 9:43:37 AM
    Local Synchronization
    OK Install
    1852402768 synchronization failed
    “To Do List” failed (error = #1852402768)
    “Memo Pad” failed (error = #1852402768)
    “Date Book” failed (error = #1852402768)
    “Address Book” failed (error = #1852402768)
    OK Install
    Backed up CurrentCarrier.pdb
    Backed up SMS Messages.pdb
    Backed up SMS Index.pdb
    Backed up PhoneCallDB.pdb
    Backed up Saved Preferences.prc
    OK Backup
    Last sync time and PC ID updated on handheld
    HotSync Complete 24/6/03 9:43:50 AM
    Hey Mark f,

Do you have a MAC?

If so, this is the fix suggested by HS.

On your Macintosh hard drive, locate the System Folder.

In the System Folder, find the Extensions folder.

Find the extension "Palm Conduit Library."

Drag the Palm Conduit Library onto your desktop.

Press the Apple key (command) and Y. This should put the file back into the Extensions folder.(This can also be found in the Mac menu bar under File, Put Away).

Perform a HotSync operation.

Hope it works
    www.gsmworld.com
    Hi nzmoko,

I have a Mac and running system 10 and have never been able to sync my Treo since! The information you posted applies to system 9. Have you heard anything about fixes for Mac OS 10? I am in touch with Handspring, but nothing yet.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by User #23093
    Hi nzmoko,

I have a Mac and running system 10 and have never been able to sync my Treo since! The information you posted applies to system 9. Have you heard anything about fixes for Mac OS 10? I am in touch with Handspring, but nothing yet.

Thanks.
    Hi User#23093,

Are you using USB or Serial port? (allegedly, serial port Hotsync will not work with OS10)

Are you using the PalmDesktop 4.1 for Mac? (if not , download and install it).

Are you running OS9 and 10 on the same machine? (Hotsync will not like this).

Did you upgrade from OS9 to OS10 after you installed PalmDesktop 4.1? If so, move the Palm folder from the Mac OS 9 Documents folder to the Mac User's Documents folder in Mac OS 10. Then run the Palm Desktop software 4.1 installer (in Mac OS 10).

Hope this helps...
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by User #23093
    Hi nzmoko,

Thanks.
    Hi user, I recommend that you skip Handspring and seek support through Chapura's website. As I've reported earlier, they responded very quickly and effectively to the help message I sent through their site. My guess is that you have some files from your prior installation that are being reinstalled by the Palm Desktop and interfering with your new system/installation. I'm a Windows man, but in my re-install case, I had to go in and "manually" delete a file called PMCats.dat from several folders. Good luck.

Rodolfo
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Thanks for the 4.1 tip.

Datebook on my iMac would not synch with the Treo under Palm 4.0 - the latest download available from the Handspring site. HS support were not helpful when queried about this problem.

I downloaded 4.1 from the Palm site and now it all works.

No more excuses for missed appointments when the Treo runs out of power!
    Will
    I just returned a Treo 270 during the trial period because I could only get it to sync with my MAC OSX only once but never again. I spent hours on the phone with HS support and they finally told me it was a defective machine.
    Now I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the Treo 600 or jump on the Amazon/Treo for $ 60, might temping.
    I'm successfully synching with a new Treo 270 from T-Mobile with a PowerBook running Mac OS X 10.2.6. I had Palm Desktop 4.1 (from the Palm website) already installed. Just plugged the treo in via USB and it worked fine. I just got the Treo a week ago (after a years absence due to problems when it first came out) but I've synched it alot and it's worked every time so far. I can also get it to synch with iSync fine also.