1.    #1  
    I think we lost a thread in the "Treo 600 Family" topic. I was searching for a posting that I read where someone (I don't remmeber who) said that they had an SMS chat with a Handspring rep at CeBiT using a GSM Treo 600 which appeared to be fully functional. This article is now where to be found! I think it was in a thread entitled something like "Silver vs Black Treo 600". I do remember the conversation about device colors, and whether they are Sprint or generic GSM, etc. I can't find the whole thread anywhere. Did we lose it?!
    Last edited by silverado; 07/02/2003 at 06:05 PM.
    Yes, I know the one you're talking about.

It's gone. I don't know what happened to it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget
    Yes, I know the one you're talking about.

It's gone. I don't know what happened to it.
    Good, because I had a faint suspicion that I might have dreamt it all up
    No, you didn't dream it. I posted to it a few times, myself, so I know it was there. It seems to have pulled a vanishing act.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    From the HAND-pessimistic POV, perhaps the post was simply false and TreoCentral pulled it.

Isn't SMS one of those things that are "in the queue" to do? Yet that post, IIRC, said the poster and a HAND rep were exchanging SMS messages via TMobile like it was going out of style.

I believe I read that post this morning, BTW - maybe yesterday - and it was a "new" one at the time so would be no more than a couple days old if it still existed.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    From the HAND-pessimistic POV, perhaps the post was simply false and TreoCentral pulled it.

Isn't SMS one of those things that are "in the queue" to do? Yet that post, IIRC, said the poster and a HAND rep were exchanging SMS messages via TMobile like it was going out of style.

I believe I read that post this morning, BTW - maybe yesterday - and it was a "new" one at the time so would be no more than a couple days old if it still existed.
    LOL. Boy, Seldom (may I call you Seldom, BTW), you have a really intereseting imagination for this stuff

I don't remember anything about the poster doing SMS with a Handspring rep. But I do remember discussing that the color of the case was dark for the initial deployment (pre-production) devices and this includes BOTH the Sprint/CDMA and Orange/GSM versions.

The Silver color would be introduced for the generic GSM version.

This was according to one of the articles that's been published, but now I can't remember which one.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget

I don't remember anything about the poster doing SMS with a Handspring rep. But I do remember discussing that the color of the case was dark for the initial deployment (pre-production) devices and this includes BOTH the Sprint/CDMA and Orange/GSM versions.

The Silver color would be introduced for the generic GSM version.

This was according to one of the articles that's been published, but now I can't remember which one.
    Yes, I think this is when someone jumped in and said that he was at CeBiT and the rep was showing him a silver sprint model and when he asked about SMS, he took out a black 600 which was running on T-Mobile.

I trust the person in question will come on repeat what he said.
    To silverado - yes, you may call me "Seldom" or anything else ya like! I've been called some interesting things...

To Gadget-etc: Huh? This WHOLE THREAD is about the missing SMS Chat message/thread - whattayamean you don't remember anything having to do with that!? Check the second message in the thread!
    To silverado - yes, you may call me "Seldom" or anything else ya like! I've been called some interesting things...

To Gadget-etc: Huh? This WHOLE THREAD is about the missing SMS Chat message/thread - whattayamean you don't remember anything having to do with that!? Check the second message in the thread!
    The thread I'm talking about discussed color preferences when it started out. I remember stating that I prefer the silver color and a lot of people said they like the black better. Then the thread drifted into the differences between GSM and CDMA as it pertained to SMS.

After the thread stopped talking about the color of the device (Silver vs. Black/Grey), I stopped paying much attention to it. Someone quoted a story where the silver vs. black color was explained, but I can't find the article.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

You know it is weird, because I had a thread disappear as well.

It was called "Future Features for Treo 600 & beyond?" - in the Treo 600 Family forum of TreoCentral Mobile.

This thread is located at: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...8&goto=newpost

I sent an email to the webmaster and never heard back?

What is up?
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich

It's in the queue to do for the CDMA version. The GSM version (T-Mobile) will already have it.
    As marcus posted in a simliar thread, we migrated databases last week and so far have seen 2 crashes. We belive a small amount of data was lost in both crashes.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    That was me discussing the cebit encounter Sorry took so long for me to get back.

I got an email that there were new posts in that thread and then I click the email link and it said thread not found, I spent a while looking for it. Strange...

I wonder what other gems of information were added to that thread. Ah, we'll never know. But let's start a long thread on the disappearance of threads!

Anyway, if the question was directed at me, please repeat it and we'll continue what we were talking about.