1.    #1  
    I haven't seen any mention of the Treo 600 having a keyboard backlight. Can anyone confirm this? I sure hope it does. If not then it may be a marketing ploy as in the 270 upgrade from the 180.
    Yes, it has a backlight. Some of the pictures from CeBIT clearly show the keyboard backlight (a blue backlight). The hardware buttons are backlit also.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    From this pic, looks simular to the color blue on the Samsung A-460. Pretty cool IMO.
    Regards, Matt Burkhard

http://mobile.burn.com/gallery.jsp?Id=366
    I think it's the fourth or so picture.
  4.    #4  
    Boy, It's not obvious to me that the keys are backlit, from the pics I've seen of the 600. It seems odd that no one has mentioned a backlit keyboard in the articles I've read. Are there any pics of the backlit keyboard, in the dark, without using a flash? I hope you're right.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Yes it is true that is has a backlight, in one of the videos I watched the handspring rep specifically mentioned that the GSM and CDMA versions both will have a keyboard backlight just as the 270 & 300 do now.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    I've seen at least one article mention the keyboard backlight. Or perhaps it was on the Handspring Web site. Either way, there's definitely a keyboard backlight. It's a crucial feature that would be idiotic to remove from a new model.