Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen a picture of the battery sled?
    Yes, I also would be interested in seeing this! Potatoho, care to post some pics once your battery sled arrives? Thanks...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/23/2003 at 01:14 AM.
    .....and hurry before I spend the $100 bucks on something else
    A while back I bought one of those AA-battery based charger things, from 'peakcloudy' on E-Bay. It was like nine bucks. So I have a fully portable, always there, simple charging solution that doesn't require any of its own charging - just readily available batteries.
    Why would the battery sled be any better? Am I missing something?
    I bought the Emergency Charger from Seidio and have been very pleased. You plug in a 9 volt battery and it charges the Treo or you can use the Treo with it plugged in. It was $19.99. The nice part is that I can use it for future Treo models (if Palm Spring does not change the HotSync/charger plug-in). From the reports of the Treo 600 specifications, it looks like I will be able to use the Emergency Charger.

Russell

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=SEI2HSTR300
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Yes, I also would be interested in seeing this! Potatoho, care to post some pics once your battery sled arrives? Thanks...
    Yes I will. I'm guessing will be here in another day or two.
    from what I understand the sled becomes part of the phone. I have the "peakcloudy" type charger but I would like something that's not on a cord
    Originally posted by potatoho

Yes I will. I'm guessing will be here in another day or two.
    I found one, I should have it in a bit. Then I just have to find a camera or camera phone.
    Originally posted by Fender Doc
    I bought the Emergency Charger from Seidio and have been very pleased. You plug in a 9 volt battery and it charges the Treo or you can use the Treo with it plugged in. It was $19.99. The nice part is that I can use it for future Treo models (if Palm Spring does not change the HotSync/charger plug-in). From the reports of the Treo 600 specifications, it looks like I will be able to use the Emergency Charger.

Russell

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=SEI2HSTR300

How much of a charge do you get from a 9 volt battery? I've seen units like that that use 4 AA batteries that claim to charge the Treo's battery 4 times. But they're obviously bulkier than just a 9 volt.
    does this thing really exist-?? is it really that hard to post a couple of pics.
    I called Sprint myself and they said they have it for $99.99. For 100 bucks, I hope it exists. I'm just wondering what the hold up on pictures is too.
    Sadly, I have been asked to not post pics. I work for Sprint and like my job so I don't want to jeopardize anything. I was not given a great answer, just that they said not to. I guess it's just a wait and see game now.
    Wow... top secret sled!!

Can we get Scott R to start drawing up some sketches from verbal descriptions?
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by howensby
    Sadly, I have been asked to not post pics. I work for Sprint and like my job so I don't want to jeopardize anything. I was not given a great answer, just that they said not to. I guess it's just a wait and see game now.
    So they won't let you post pictures of a product they are selling? That's odd....
    DON'T post any pics??!! That's weird, you would think the stupid idiots would want pics to be posted. They do want to sale this ....... don't they? This must be one **** ugly thing. I say nobody buy until pics are posted. Unfortunately if we wait on Sprint, it may never happen.
    Originally posted by imageone

This must be one **** ugly thing.

Yeah, that must be it.
    hey, don't get me wrong I'll be one of the first to pony up the dough if this sled really works, and it's not some big black heavy brick looking thingy.

I'm just finding this whole thing a little strange. There has been talk of this for almost a year. Now it's here and we can buy it, but we can't see it.
    hey, don't get me wrong I'll be one of the first to pony up the dough if this sled really works, and it's not some big black heavy brick looking thingy.

I'm just finding this whole thing a little strange. There has been talk of this for almost a year. Now it's here and we can buy it, but we can't see it.
    I was actually totally serious in agreeing with you that the fact that this thing is ****-ugly must be the reason

It's the same exact color as the Treo, silver. It is also the same thickness as the Treo itself. This thing basically doubles the thickness of the Treo. It isn't all that heavy but does add some weight to it. IMHO, I only find it useful if on a plane and wanted to charge my Treo while in flight. Just snap it on and toss it in my bag. I could never see myself leaving it on and using the Treo as a phone or for data. I find it to be too big for that.
    Originally posted by howensby
    It is also the same thickness as the Treo itself. This thing basically doubles the thickness of the Treo.
    3/4" thick!!! Aye carumba
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast