Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My my... that's one big battery! So how much talk time do you get from this? 7 hours?
  2.    #22  
    Will it jump start my car?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Will it jump-start my Treo 270?
    :-)
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Has anyone done a replacement for the internal battery of the Treo? I know it would void warranty, but maybe it's possible to get a decent battery in the device without a huge hassle.

...ken
    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Has anyone done a replacement for the internal battery of the Treo? I know it would void warranty, but maybe it's possible to get a decent battery in the device without a huge hassle.

...ken
    There's no extra room in there, and I haven't found a higher capacity battery of the same dimensions. You'd need to cut out a piece of the back to get a larger 1500mAh etc battery in there.
    YES you will able to get a bigger battery in 5 months ......... the 600
    and the mysterious battery sled saga continues.
    This is insane. I'm about ready to buy one of those chargers that uses 4 AA batteries that's supposed to fully charge the Treo 3-5 times per set of batteries for like $10. Seriously, a top secret battery sled that doubles the thickness for $100???
    I have a couple of those 4 AA chargers and they work OK. I just don't like cords, and thought the sled might be a good alternative in certain cases. But no see, no buy.
    Same here, I'm not buying something sight unseen. I don't like cords either. But if the battery is that big, then I wouldn't want to leave it on unless I REALLY needed it. Not to mention, how is the Treo going to fit into ANY case with that on?? Whether it's a holster or leather/canvas case, it won't fit with a huge sled. If that's the case, I'd rather save $90, buy a AA charger and only use it when necessary. I find it funny that Handspring claimed they didn't use removable batteries or a longer lasting one because they wanted to keep the unit small. But when the battery only lasts 2 hours, what's the point? Then the following year they release a sled that doubles the thickness? It would have been better to make the unit slightly larger to allow for removable batteries like cell phones have.
    Does anyone know how many 9V batteries it takes to fully charge a Treo? (And does it matter which Treo?) The emergency charger that uses 4 AA batteries says that they provide a full charge: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=29847
    these do work but the charge that they give doesn't seem to last as long.
    I've seen documentation on the AA one that claims 3-5 full charges per set. However all the 9V ones I've seen say it's an emergency charger, so I'd suspect they won't charge the Treo nearly as much as the AA chargers.
    According to this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...rgency+charger
    a single 9 V battery can charge to about 60-70% capacity. This is an old thread, and the seidio link given is dead.
  15.    #35  
    The is getting nuts. Why can't we see something we're being asked to pay a hundred bucks. If anyone here actually does work for Sprint and has been told not to post pics, can you please ask us why? This sounds so bizarre.
    Hrm, pretty cool. I'll post a picture in a sec. I'm only going to do a couple because I want to charge it before I plug it on. Oh, and it comes with a leather belt case too.

Wow, it's pretty bulky. Ok I got the pics I'm just uploading them etc. Be a few minutes.

Okay here are the pics:
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treo/treo.html
    Last edited by potatoho; 06/25/2003 at 04:37 PM.
    The Mystery is Solved!!!

Thanks potatoho!

It is bulky, but might be useful in some cases. I'll probably get one. Please give us a full review when you have time to check it out.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Hrm, pretty cool. I'll post a picture in a sec. I'm only going to do a couple because I want to charge it before I plug it on. Oh, and it comes with a leather belt case too.

Wow, it's pretty bulky. Ok I got the pics I'm just uploading them etc. Be a few minutes.

Okay here are the pics:
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treo/treo.html
    Nice job potatoho!

This thing looks very primitive. Also, looks like it almost intefered with your Treo surgery
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pictures and for being one of the first to take the plunge potatoho.

You're one kewl spud!

20.    #40  
    I thank you too for the pictures.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast