1.    #1  
    Just in case anyone else has the problem I've got...I bought TomTom Routeplanner and (separately) Townmaps three months ago for a Psion, which sadly and coincidentally died soon after.

I've upgraded to a Clie...but my TomTom products don't work. The company says Palm OS5.0 isn't supported and won't run the programmes, and they won't refund on software which I used probably about five times. There is NO WARNING on TomTom's website or through resellers...I hope this prevents others having the same problem.

Make your own mind up about companies which won't refund for useless products!!
    Dude, you are WAY out of line. Psion is a totally different machine than a Palm. You can't expect Psion software to run on a Palm, it's a totally different operating system. You purchased software for a Psion, and that's what you got. If you had purchased a new Psion, the software would have worked fine. It's not the software company's fault that you broke your Psion. It's like buying a Macintosh, and complaining because you can't run Windows software. I think you owe the software company an APOLOGY!
    Originally posted by DavidB1
    ...I've upgraded to a Clie...but my TomTom products don't work. The company says Palm OS5.0 isn't supported and won't run the programmes, and they won't refund on software which I used probably about five times. There is NO WARNING on TomTom's website or through resellers...I hope this prevents others having the same problem.

Make your own mind up about companies which won't refund for useless products!!
    Why on earth would you expect the software to work? You realize that a Psion is NOT a Palm device, don't you? If it doesn't run the Palm OS, then it's not a Palm device and won't run Palm OS software.

That's not the company's fault. I suggest that next time you invest in personal technology, do a little research. Ask questions before purchasing.

The Clie is a good device. I hope you enjoy it. There are tens of thousands of Palm OS applications available for it. I'm sure you can find a replacement for TomTom.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    First of all, if you intially had a Psion and then upgraded to a Clie, then why the heck are posting this on a Treo forum? Anyway, like the above posters, you cannot really expect Psion apps to work on Palm OS 5 do you? Did you ever have any Psion apps work on OS 4.1? The answer is no b/c they're totally different platforms...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    First of all, if you intially had a Psion and then upgraded to a Clie, then why the heck are posting this on a Treo forum? Anyway, like the above posters, you cannot really expect Psion apps to work on Palm OS 5 do you? Did you ever have any Psion apps work on OS 4.1? The answer is no b/c they're totally different platforms...
    Well, in his defense concerning posting here, I would have posted here as well because it's a good and ACTIVE forum. After all, he DID get some answers, didn't he?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  6.    #6  
    OK, I should explain.

The TomTom software works on Epoc, Pocket PC and Palm (i.e. three software versions on the one CD). It was bought specifically as such, as at some stage, not withstanding my Psion falling over, I planed to upgrade. However even as I bought it Palm OS5 was out and it didn't and won't work on that. TomTom should make that clear to customers.

It's rather like you buy MS Word for your PC running W2K...and a few weeks later get a replacement PC with WXP, and install Word on that. If MS say it'll work on the different versions it should be ok...and indeed is.

TomTom sell the product as working on all three PDA platforms, and it should. But it doesn't. OK? In view of that I reckon they should have some loyalty to the customer.
    Give them a little time and they'll likely come out with an updated version that does work with OS 5, and since you bought the older product, you might get the upgrade for free. (If not, THEN give 'em Hell.)
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek