1.    #1  
    TreoCentral's main Treo 600 article says the following:
    The GSM version of the Treo 600 will include a yet to be named third party POP3 mail client. I don't know if Handspring is listening, but TreoCentral readers think much better of SnapperMail than Handspring's own TreoMail. (hint hint) The CDMA version will include the carrier's own mail client of choice.
    I think this is not far-fetched. I was quite surprised when Handspring's latest email newsletter in the Treo series "News you can use" featured SnapperMail as a good email solution for the Treo, since Handspring sells their own TreoMail software and service for the Treo. Maybe this is tipping HS's hand regarding a working relationship that's being established with Snapper Fish.
    I thought it would be the visto offering?

I already have a life time upgrade with snapper, so It doesn't matter to me either way.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I figure it'll be the Visto product as well. I watched some CNET video from CeBit and it's pretty impressive. Fully supports the Palm OS so it will probably be used on lots of future smartphones.
    My take on that 'hint hint' is not that it's a clue about what might ship in the GSM version, but rather, a suggestion/hint to Handspring to use SnapperMail. A different kind of hint.

Like you would hint to your wife that you need a new Treo600 for your birthday/Father's Day/GroundHog Day/President's Day.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it....
    Not to say that this is what's going to ship with the final version, but can anyone recognize the mail application in use here?

http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Page=5&Id=366
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    My take on that 'hint hint' is not that it's a clue about what might ship in the GSM version, but rather, a suggestion/hint to Handspring to use SnapperMail. A different kind of hint.

Like you would hint to your wife that you need a new Treo600 for your birthday/Father's Day/GroundHog Day/President's Day.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it....
    Yes, I took the hint that way too.

I just find it rather surprising that HS is pushing SnapperMail for the Treo when they have their own product that competes with it.
  7.    #7  
    I haven't found references that say that Visto is named as the mail software for the Treo 600. I only saw generic Palmsource OS 5 cooperation with Visto.

There is talk about a yet-to-be-named POP3 email client to be bundled with the GSM phones and I was saying that TC's hint isn't the only thing I've seen that suggests that SnapperMail possible for that spot. The Handspring plug is very interesting.
    Last edited by silverado; 06/22/2003 at 06:05 AM.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Not to say that this is what's going to ship with the final version, but can anyone recognize the mail application in use here?

those are some pictures I hadn"t seen thank you.

Anyone note the "Quick key feature" on the second picture? Cool

The budling of snapper in the 600 makes sence for snapperfish too. now they they also have a premium product. I'm sure they could also make a lite version. Only checks 1-2 accounts.

I'm sure this doesn't mean anything, but when I asked Will when he would get his hands on the 600, he was mum on the subject.

The truth is out there.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Appleman

Looks like Papi-mail, which is what I use currently because not only am I not paying $35 for Palm software, but Snapper isn't even IMAP ready. Snapper is a sweet program though.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Looks EXACTLY like Treo Mail with support for attachments to me. It is identical!!!
    I don't think it is Visto's solution becuase Visto has advertised it will be POP3/IMAP, where we were told specificalyl by Handspring that for now it is only POP3.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  12.    #12  
    Come to think of it, it's also interesting that Snapperfish PRE-announced the upcoming release of SnapperMail 1.7 when they ALWAYS had the stated policy of never commenting on release dates!