1.    #1  
    By looking through the new pictures of the treo 600 I noticed an odd spot on the back of the treo. Now I wonder if that's a external antenna hook up thingie that I know from my old Nokia. Could somebody please check and see if the rubbery part on the back can be removed to reveal an external antenna hook up point?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
  2.    #2  
    I attached a picture to point out the part on the back that I'm refering to...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    you think it's like the one on the Treo300's back? Just a cover too get to a screw or adjustment?
    My 2-cents, matt burkhard
    Look on the Treo 300, there's one of those things there as well. Don't know what it is.
    Could it simply be a small piece of rubber (or rubberized plastic) to serve as a "foot" to the device; that is, to prevent the back of the unit from getting all scratched up when setting it down and picking it up repeatedly?
    In both cases that is for an external antenna connection. I think there is more information, part sources etc, in the FCC documents. I *may* have to play around with that once my battery sled arrives, as I do have some other antennae and stuff. Small connectors like that aren't cheap though, as I had to buy some for my old hiptop and it was like $10 for a small length of coax with two connectors.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    In both cases that is for an external antenna connection. I think there is more information, part sources etc, in the FCC documents. I *may* have to play around with that once my battery sled arrives, as I do have some other antennae and stuff. Small connectors like that aren't cheap though, as I had to buy some for my old hiptop and it was like $10 for a small length of coax with two connectors.
    Just found this thread.

Potatoho, have you been able to find the external (male) antenna connector that fits the Treo 300? And do you know if the 600 uses the same antenna connector? I e-mailed Handspring with the same questions but never got a reply. I want to buy either an external panel antenna (3 to 5 db gain) or a Yagi antenna (5 to 15 db gain) for a no signal area (our ski lodge where one mile downthe hill there is a 1 bar signal) and hope it will pull the signal in. What's holding up the purchase is that I have not been able to find an antenna adapter cable with the right connector that fits the Treo. Do you have any leads? A solder type raw connector will do. I have the tools and skills to do it if I can find the connector.