1.    #1  
    I decided to buy the following softwares to match my previous Nokia 9210 functionalities...

* BackdropGC to remove the blandness of the screen (I just wished the Today program supports this)

* MaxText to handle group messaging

* Papi-Mail for IMAP email

* WordPro with free QuickNotes to boot

* TreoPictureCallerID

Now, I have just increased my satisfaction with the use of the Treo, excluding the other software tools I have downloaded (dictionaries, Bible versions, first Aid, Chess, Scrabble, etc.).

Just one question, when the next Treo (GSM) comes along, will I be able to transfer my licenses over to that one by just beaming them over?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Most Palm OS applications' registration codes are based on the user I.D. (HotSync name) of the PDA.
    So, if you assign the new device the same User I.D, the licenses should work.
    Rusty J
    Treo 270 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Unless one is willing to go to unreasonable lengths (swapping out the backup files in the Palm directory with each Hotsync), it's best to rename the old device once you've moved all the data over.
    The owner's manual covers upgrading from one Palm OS device to another in some detail.
    Rusty J
    Treo 270 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Hi,
    The only thing that I will be concerned with is that the New Treo will be a differnet OS, correct? Not all apps that work on Palm OS 3.x seem to work on OS 5.x. The 5.x apps have not been backwards compatible either. I have tried a few and they have all locked up my Treo 270. Does anyone have more info on this?