1.    #1  
    I just was at Handspring's HQ. I got lucky and saw a guy in the parking lot with a 600.

-The screen looked very good in bright sunshine.
    -The guy I spoke to said the release date was October. Who knows about the accuracy of that statement, but he had a British Commonwealth accent, so he SOUNDED like he knew what he was talking about.
    -The weight and size were both very nice
    -He said that Verizon compatability would not be immediate when it comes out.

I'll be trolling in their parking lot as much as I can in the coming weeks for new info, especially on the release date.
    Last edited by Stickman; 06/19/2003 at 06:37 PM.
    Great!

I had concerns about how it would look outside in direct sunlight. All the pictures are from indoors in relatively dark rooms. Most displays look good under those conditions, but seldom look nearly as good outdoors.

Still, I'd like to see a photo of what the screen looks like outside. Although a photo may not give us the full effect, it will give us an idea.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    Who knows about the accuracy of that statement, but he had a British Commonwealth accet, so he SOUNDED like he knew what he was talking about...
    LOL! I guess anyone with a British accent sounds authentic HUH?!!

Anyhoo, the screen is a reflective CSTN so it should be very veiwabe outdoors. In fact it should be even slightly better than some transflecitve screens out there...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Anyhoo, the screen is a reflective CSTN so it should be very veiwabe outdoors. In fact it should be even slightly better than some transflecitve screens out there...
    True, a reflective screen SHOULD be quite viewable outside, but I remember the same types of conversations when the Treo 270 and 300 were first being discussed. The screens were supposed to be better than the Visor Prism (when viewed outdoors).

While the screens on the T-270 and T-300 are viewable outside, they are just BARELY visible. I hope the T-600 is a VAST improvement (not just a marginal one).

I'll believe it when I see it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  5.    #5  
    For whatever its worth, this is from today's NY Times article on the 600 (which the reporter loves) "The color screen is one of the smallest Palm screens yet (it shows the same number of pixels, just squeezed tighter together), but itís also the brightest. According to Handspring, it gives off 135 nits of light compared with 35 on the famous Compaq iPaq. "

I'm no expert but I was very impressed with the brightness when I saw it outside today.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    ...I'm no expert but I was very impressed with the brightness when I saw it outside today.
    Sounds great. We'll see.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Hey Gfunk were u one of the posters who said the 160x160 would be a deal breaker? Or wasnt sure about the 600?

Looks like it is growing one u. I posted earlier that after i saw the treo 600 i started loving it more and more (hours and days later). Its amazing when u first see and use it, then its incredible design continues to grow on you.

Like to see you won over. I know they could have done a few things different, but im am happy and cant wait for to get one.
    Originally posted by craigdts

Hey Gfunk were u one of the posters who said the 160x160 would be a deal breaker? Or wasnt sure about the 600?

Looks like it is growing one u. I posted earlier that after i saw the treo 600 i started loving it more and more (hours and days later). Its amazing when u first see and use it, then its incredible design continues to grow on you.

Like to see you won over. I know they could have done a few things different, but im am happy and cant wait for to get one.
    Yeah, the more I've read and seen of the Treo600, the more I'm impressed with it. Also, I'm hoping the Treo600 shown is just a basic reference design that wireless providers can modify for their networks. It's been stated on several sites that BT, for example, can be added to the Treo600 if required. Anyway, the other thing is that there really aren't any convergence options out there right now. The SGH is awesome, but who knows when that will come to market! I'm still dumbfounded that the SPH-i500 hasn't been generally released, and by that time frame we might not see the SGH until mid 2004 of something! So, you could say I'm in a stage of stasis. The T608 will be released next month and prices on the TG50 can be found for ~$280 on some sites. If I can get a good deal on thsi combo , I might jump for it...But I really would like to see the Treo600 up front and personal before I make a decision...