1.    #1  
    http://mobile.burn.com/gallery.jsp?Id=366

I measured the pixels in first pic and do a calculation of Treo 600 screen size.

The width of viewable area (slightly smaller than that of screen, noting there is a narrow dark margin) is exactly 75% of the width of device, which is 57mm according to specs from bargainPDA. So, the dot pitch should be .266mm, close to the officially announced .27. but the diagonal size should be 2.40 inch, not the officially announced 2.7 inch.

Furthermore, if a notebook equipped with a screen at 1024x768 and .266 dot pitch, the diagonal size is 13.4. Go to a computer store and check a 13.3" LCD or 15" CRT (the viewable size should be 13.8"~14") @ 1024x768 and judge by yourself if it's acceptable.

I personally use a 13.3" notebook. The font looks quite acceptable for me.

Hopes to be helpful.
    Thanks for the link UGlee. The screen to me looks awfully pixelated, not very sharp at all. The increased brigthness and outdoor viewing is nice, but this definitely won't be a good device for any sort of multimedia IMO...
  3.    #3  
    Remember that the picture is even larger that the real device.

Are you using a LCD monitor now? And what is the resolution and screen size?

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Thanks for the link UGlee. The screen to me looks awfully pixelated, not very sharp at all. The increased brigthness and outdoor viewing is nice, but this definitely won't be a good device for any sort of multimedia IMO...
    I have 17 " CRT monitor from KDS, model XF-7P. It has a 25mm dot pitch / .22mm (H) with max 1280 x 1024 resolution...
  5.    #5  
    Yes, your monitor has a dot pitch of .25mm when working at 1280x1024 res. It is very close to .266. So get a picture with 160x160 displayed on your monitor, for example:

http://www.hi-pda.com/phpBB2/files/425548-001-embed.gif

The screenshot image displayed on your monitor has similar size with the viewable area size on Treo 600. Just very slightly smaller (.25/.266).

However, CRT accept only analog signal. The display will not be as sharp as LCD. But you can make an estimation according the size.

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I have 17 " CRT monitor from KDS, model XF-7P. It has a 25mm dot pitch / .22mm (H) with max 1280 x 1024 resolution...
    Hmm...interesting. If that indeed is reflective of the Treo600 screen, I agree that the fonts will indeed by quite acceptable. I am very anxious to see the screen in person! Thanks for the pic...