1.    #1  
    handspring reportedly will offer a tradeup to current treo users. and supposedly the pricing will be around the $400 range.

you know, i said i didnt like the t600 vs the t300, but looking at this baby now with the mp3, 32mb, and 144mhz processor, AND
    PALM OS 5, im going to change my position.

first off, eliminating the flip up deal will be really super, actually.

it IS cumbersome. also, now you can own a phone with all the capabilities without it looking like a geeky phone. its really quite sleek!!

the speed i think will be a rush to experience. i think the new blazer will make the current one seem like ancient and way out of date.
    AND, the fact that they will release the api`s for particular applications like the camera and microphone for voice recording, i feel is pretty damn close to genious!

mr. hawkins, you astound us!!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I hope that they release the APIs for the cellphone compnent so that Treo 600 versions of PDAnet and/or WirelessModem can be written...
    I hope Sprint didn't force Handspring to prevent the possibility of such applications...
    -Rusty J
    Treo 270 on AT&T
    Treo 90
    MicroInnovations IR keyboard
    That seems like approx. $100 off then. I wonder if a 180 will be even less, or if the offer will be valid outside the US?
    Does the $100 credit mean you have to turn in your old treo? If so, that makes no sense.

Now, if I can get $100 and keep my existing treo (give it to the wife), that would be a good deal.

Cluemeister
    I think offering an upgrade discount and letting you keep the older Treo in exchange for a discount is what would make no sense. Then you can sell the old one and make even more money. I don't believe any Palm upgrade has ever been without sending in the old model.

Geoffrey
    wrong when the treos first came out they gave owners of the visor phone the same type of rebate all we had to do was give our serial numbers and they gave us an at once rebate.

fred
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Currently Palm offers a $50 trade in which requires the old PDA be sent in. I can't believe this would be any different.

The VisorPhone deal was different in that it was supposed to be supported but wasn't when push came to shove. (Un) fortunately our older Treos will still work so there is no incentive to give a rebate sans trade-in.
    Originally posted by treobk214
    AND, the fact that they will release the api`s for particular applications like the camera and microphone for voice recording, i feel is pretty damn close to genious!
    From the TreoCentral article..
    "Handspring has not committed to sharing any API's to the camera for third party developers to use."

That usually means, nope. At least that's my experience with Kodak, which I'll admit is completely irrelevant.
    I see Treo 300s going for $200-300 on Ebay. Six months from now say that's $150-250. Why would I send in my Treo 300 to Handspring for a $100 credit?

I seem to recall a $50 off deal to the Visor Prism when you send in the proof of purchase of a Visor Deluxe. I'm not 100% it was a $50, but I remember sending in my bar code for the rebate, and I never did get VisorPhone, so it wasn't with that deal.
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    I see Treo 300s going for $200-300 on Ebay. Six months from now say that's $150-250. Why would I send in my Treo 300 to Handspring for a $100 credit?
    I think the t300 will be worth less than $150 on the used market when the t600 comes out. Considering the kind of deals Amazon and Sprint offer on first-time contracts ($199 for the t300 now at amazon, $299 at Sprint), it'll be hard to sell a used t300. Ebay will be flooded with t300s when the t600 is released.
    Frankly it is worth it to me to take the $100 from Handspring than to try and nab an extra $25 by dealing with ebay headaches.
    I'd disagree w/ your estimated e-bay pricing on used T300's. Sure, you can get a new one for around $200 from Amazon, but that's for a new customer & a new contract. Think of all the existing Sprint users that would love to upgrade to a T300 but refused to pay the full $500 that we early adopters paid.
    Originally posted by finadvsr
    I'd disagree w/ your estimated e-bay pricing on used T300's. Sure, you can get a new one for around $200 from Amazon, but that's for a new customer & a new contract. Think of all the existing Sprint users that would love to upgrade to a T300 but refused to pay the full $500 that we early adopters paid.
    That's exactly my point. I got my Treo 300 for $250, but required me to sign a new contract. A used Treo, not requiring a new contract seems like it would be bargain at $150 compared to a street price of $300 for a new Treo 300 (which is what I think is about right if the Treo 600 is $450 with contract).
    hmm, point taken. I just ditched ATT and bought the Treo from Sprint for $300. I figured you could get the same deal somewhere on the internet without signing a contract, but maybe not. If I can get $200 or so for mine on ebay I'd be ecstatic. I know I'll be first in line for the 600, that thing looks sweeeet.
    $400 AND my Treo?? Are they kidding?

I LOVE my treo and am not sending it away forever PLUS giving them $400 dollars! That is no deal!

My Treo is worth, IMHO, $150-200. In reality, I wouldn't part with it now for less than $500 because my life is in my treo. I will have to wait until it is $300 and I can keep my Treo, which I am not sending anywhere until I am damn sure its replacement will actually replace it. I want to switch... but in truth, I haven't a single problem with my Treo 300 except for the size.... I can wait.

Lesnla

"Housework won't kill you, but why take the chance?"
    Right now, the returning of the treo for the rebate is just speculation.

The last couple of time Handspring had this type of rebate they did not ask for the old model.

I had a Visor Phone and got the discount for the treo (on the VP TMo contract) with out having to send back the VP.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    all in all, what I hope is to have support even if I'm outside the USA: I'm interested in a rebate solution, since I got a 180 and want to perform the upgrade to the 600.

however, as a developer I felt bad when I heard of discounts for developers valid on USA only: Handspring considered A-serie and B-serie developers, and that was a shame, hope not to happen again with the t600 rebate program.

I also hope for a concrete rebate solution: I consider myself - as well as all of you treo owners - a sort of 'testers' for this new handspring (now with palm) strategic move toward the mobile world: I'm currently waiting for my 5th treo 180 device and still love it, unless it's a really fragile kind of unit.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Well, that testers issue isn't that bad idea...

Wouldn't mind registring as Beta tester (well testing is my middle name :-) ), if for instance someone will ofer an earlier upgrade or .... of the GSM version.

But knowing HS, they never think on those of us outside US - well if they did, they would have given Car Hands Free set for Treo600 more consideration !
    if you are a true Treo nut you wont care about the rebate deal. I cannot wait to get my hands on the 600-regardless of the price,
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Well, many might consider me a nut, but I still have limitations financially. I am hoping that the rebate for current treo users will be better than $100.00.
    Originally posted by lesnla
    $400 AND my Treo?? Are they kidding?

I LOVE my treo and am not sending it away forever PLUS giving them $400 dollars! That is no deal!

My Treo is worth, IMHO, $150-200. In reality, I wouldn't part with it now for less than $500 because my life is in my treo. I will have to wait until it is $300 and I can keep my Treo, which I am not sending anywhere until I am damn sure its replacement will actually replace it. I want to switch... but in truth, I haven't a single problem with my Treo 300 except for the size.... I can wait.

Lesnla

"Housework won't kill you, but why take the chance?"
    I agree completely .. I bought my 300 in Feb'03 via BestBuy closeout offer w/o a Sprint time-period commitment ..

$400 w/o trade-in .. I may give IT some thought .. but I'm 90% happy w/my 300 .. I can wait!