1.    #1  
    Anyone notice the nub on the "5"? For one handed/no-sight dialing, presumably. Very smart, Handspring.

http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...0_01_print.jpg
    And they also moved the number keys over to the left of the keypad to help facilitate one hand/thumb-dialing. Great idea. (except for lefties) It is obvious a lot of thought was put into all the new design enhancements.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Anyone notice the nub on the "5"? For one handed/no-sight dialing, presumably. Very smart, Handspring.

http://handspring.speedera.net/www.h...0_01_print.jpg
    Oh wow... they read my mind... I was wondering if they would have that on the keyboard, as posted in the gigantic long thread...
    Llynx wrote:

And they also moved the number keys over to the left of the keypad to help facilitate one hand/thumb-dialing. Great idea. (except for lefties)

As a lefty, I was mystified by the above comment. Then I realized that you assumed that we hold our phones in our right hands.
    Standard layout on any keyboard (check your computer now) has a nub on both the "F" and the "J" key so you can make sure that both your index fingers are properly positioned. On the treo 600, the "F" and "5" key are shared.

Having said that, I went back to the jpeg of the 600, and there is no nub on the "J" key. So I stand corrected!

Cluemeister
    Originally posted by Cluemeister
    Standard layout on any keyboard (check your computer now) has a nub on both the "F" and the "J" key so you can make sure that both your index fingers are properly positioned. On the treo 600, the "F" and "5" key are shared.

Having said that, I went back to the jpeg of the 600, and there is no nub on the "J" key. So I stand corrected!

Cluemeister
    Where? Out of all the pictures I've seen (both the promotional and the ones from the show), the "J" key doesn't have a nub. Give us a link to what you're talking about.

Never mind...You edited your post while I was replying.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Llynx wrote:

And they also moved the number keys over to the left of the keypad to help facilitate one hand/thumb-dialing. Great idea. (except for lefties)

As a lefty, I was mystified by the above comment. Then I realized that you assumed that we hold our phones in our right hands.
    Don't you? I'm right-handed and I hold my phone in my left hand!!? Ahh well, just shows what I know...
    I'm right-handed and dial with my right thumb, so that might be Handspring's reasoning for moving the numbers over to the left (the extended reach of the thumb to the left side is more comfortable on a smaller device, and facilitates a better grip on the phone while dialing).

Your mileage may vary.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  9.    #9  
    This darn thing is so small, methinks you can hold it in either hand and dial with the thumb.